ALUGADDE MOSARU GOJJU RECIPE | HOW TO DO ALUGADDE MOSARU GOJJU | ALUGADDE MOSARU GOJJU RECIPE WITH STEP BY STEP PHOTOS | HOW TO DO ALOO RAITA | ALOO RAITA RECIPE | POTATO RAITA RECIPE | POTATO RAITA RECIPE WITH STEP BY STEP PHOTOS | ALOO MOSARU BAJJI
Today I have for you all a healthy, refreshing, yummy and super quick accompaniment made from Potato. That’s ” Aloo Raita / Alu gadde Mosaru Gojju “. Try this any day and you are going to like it, it’s very simple and hardly takes 10 minutes to make. When you hardly have any veggies or want to cook something in jiffy , this potato raita is very handy.One can enjoy it with a bowl plain rice or roti as an accompaniment.
Check out Alugadde Raita Video Recipe :
Usually, raitas are very simple to make but taste awesome. This aloo raita too falls under that category. Just boil potatoes, mash them in curd along with some chilli and finally enhance the raita with a strong flavorful tempering. Addition of hing to the tempering is what makes this aloo raita tastier. So never skip it.
few simple points to note while this aloo raita is as follows :
- while cooking potatoes do not add too much water, otherwise, it will become too mushy. They should be cooked soft.
- Don’t smash potato into a very smooth paste. few big and small chunks here and there..is good.
- The curd should not be too sour or plain. We don’t want the raita to become too sour/ bland.
- If your curd is too thick .. add little water too. Since mashed potatoes already make raita thick, adding little water towards the end helps to get the right consistency.
- Addition of coriander leaves is optional. Instead of the flavoring, you can also use finely chopped ginger.
So are you ready to make a note of potato raita .. here you go…
You may also check Few more raita recipes shared earlier like Raw banana raita, lauki raita, mooli raita, raw mango raita etc
ALUGADDE MOSARU GOJJU RECIPE / ALOO RAITA / POTATO RAITA
- 2 medium size potato
- 2-4 nos green chili, chopped ( depends on your prefered spice level )
- 1-1.5 cup Curd or yoghurt
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- a big pinch Hing /Asafoetida
- few nos Curry Leaves
- 1-2 nos Red Chilli /Sundried Curd Chilli, broken (optional)
- Wash and cut the potatoes into 2-4 pieces. Cook them in a pressure cooker for 3-4 whistles by adding sufficient water. Allow to cool.
- When cool to handle, peel the outer skin of potato and mash them. few big and small chunks here and there..is ok.
- Add curd, green chilli, coriander leaves and salt. Mix well. Taste test. If required add salt/chilli / curd based on your preference.
- Prepare tempering in a small Kadai. Splutter mustard seeds and urad dal in oil. Add in curd chilli ,curry leaves and hing. Saute 1-2 mins , switch off.
- Pour the tempering onto potato raita.
- Combine everything well. Alu gadde mosaru gojju is ready.
- Enjoy Alu gadde mosaru gojju / Potato raita with hot steamed rice. Tastes really delicious .