Today i’m in a celebration mood …..i am celebrating the occasion with one of the most easiest n cutest kids birthday party food – ” Cake Pops “. Wondering why am i in celebration mood ? Well today my blog ” Cook With Smile ” turns 1 !!! It feels like it was just yesterday when I shared my first blog post. A year has flown by already and I’m so happy to be here, blogging…..
Over the past few months, “Cook With Smile” has really brought so much of joy and happiness into my life..my life has changed so much…. I have a got a new recognition . Blogging has been fun, engaging, satisfying, and a huge learning experience for me . I want to thank you all fellow blogger friends and readers who were with me during this journey. Your each and every word made me happy and encouraged me so far.Today exactly after a year ,with 135+ posts ,3.6 lakhs plus pageviews and a decent fan following, i can proudly say ” Yes i am a budding Blogger “. Hope you too feel the same.As I enter my second year of blogging I will continue to bring to you more exciting recipes and hope to find continued support and love from all of you….
To honor this day, I bring to you a recipe round-up of
My Top 5 dishes … Posts that brought a tremendous amount of traffic to my site …
Top 5 tried recipes … Posts that many tried and shared feedback
Coming back to today’s post,Cake Pops . I saw them first in bakerella……i was like Wow !!They looked terribly cute. Any kids would love them.. why kids even we. It would be a sure shot hit in any kids birthday parties and a unique centerpiece. I so wanted to try them . When i saw the recipe.. oh My .. it was damn easy. Crumble any cake , mix a frosting make balls and dip in choco syrup. Decorate as you wish. Hmm.. one of the best dishes to empty off your left over cake. Inpired from bakerella , i wanted to decorate my cake pops in so many ways but while making realized i need some more fine arts skills. Also i couldn’t get colored candy melts here.With the resources easily available everywhere, i tried my best to make cute cake pops. And when my kids ate it.. yes i did get a very big reward ..They sang a song “ Cook like mamma… Yummy Yummy Yummy … “… Do i need any thing more ?? Hearing all this i am sure you too would want to try it and get praises from your loved ones…Here goes the recipe… don’t forget to see the NOTES section in the end…
- 50 gm Left Over cake, (i used chocolate )
- 1 - 2 tbsps Condensed milk / milk Maid / Any frosting, ( depends on moistness of the cake )
- 50 gms Dark Chocolate
- 1 - 2 tsps Vegetable oil, ( one with very mild flavor )
- Sprinkles / decorating
- Lollipop sticks / fruit sticks
- Take cake in a wide bowl.
- Crumble the cake with your fingers such that it resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- To start with , add a tbsp of condensed milk to the crumbs. Mix it using your hands. Check if you are able to form a ball. If it is little dry, add some more condensed milk and make a dough. But be careful not to add too much and make it too soft.It should just hold shape
- Divide the dough into small balls. Smoothen the surface by greasing your hands.
- Cover n keep in freezer for abt 1-3 hours.
- When its time to take out cake balls from fridge , prepare coating . Before you start melting chocolates keep all the things handy like sprinkles,stick,chocolate etc. Because decoration part has to be done quickly before chocolate coating hardens.
- Cut dark chocolates to small pieces and melt it using double boiler method. i.e Fill a saucepan with water and keep it on stove to heat.Take chocolate pieces in another bowl and place it inside / above the saucepan.Take care that water doesn't enter into choco bowl .Now the from the heat of the inner saucepan chocolate gets melted .To it add oil , mix and bring to dropping consistency.
- Dip one end of the stick into the melted chocolate and insert gently to the cake balls. This will help the stick to adhere to cake balls. But do not pierce too deep or the cake ball may fall apart. Do for all the balls.
- Now dip cake balls into chocolate coating. Swirl, rotate such that whole cake balls are covered well.Shake off gently side ways to remove extra coating.
- Now quickly decorate the cake pops by sprinkling some sprinkles before chocolate dries off.
- Stick the cake pops to themocoal and allow them to dry.
- Once the chocolate is set , serve them . You can keep in fridge for a week and relish as required like any other chocolates .
- You can use any cream less cake like vanilla,chocolate,orange ,strawberry etc..
- The amount of frosting might vary depending on your cake texture and I have mentioned just an approximate amount in the recipe.
- The cake dough should not be too dry nor gooey.
- If you are doing in large quantity, don't melt the chocolates together .It will harden quickly.
- For decoration you can use either candy sprinkles, sanding or sparkling sugar,edible pearls or glitter,chocolate jimmies ,finely chopped nuts ,crushed cookies,crushed flakes, dried coconut etc. Be creative ...