Are you wondering what to do with those few slices of leftover bread lying in the kitchen? Here’s an excellent dish to clear off those left over bread slices and also an instant snack to serve unexpected guests . With just a few bread slices and some easily available ingredients from your kitchen pantry in no time your evening snack is ready … Yes !! making these ” Instant bread Vadas / Insant Medu Vadas ” is that simple . Crispy crunchy from out side and soft inside .. my kids n I just love it . Its not only we i am sure most of you will surely like it. Don’t worry ..they will nt take in much oil also…Here you go …
INSTANT BREAD VADA RECIPE
excellent dish to clear off those left over bread slices . Instant medhu vada made in 15 mins using bread.
- 5 - 6 bread slices
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1/4 cup Suji / rava
- 1/2 cup Rice flour
- 1 small onion, ; chopped ( Optional )
- small Ginger, small piece ; finely chopped
- 2 tbsps Coriander leaves, (chopped)
- 4 - 5 Curry Leaves
- 1/2 tsp green chilli, Crushed
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- to taste Salt
- oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl take bread slices and crumble to small pieces .
- To the crumbled bread,add rice flour,rava,curd,onion ( if using ) , ginger ,coriander leaves,curry leaves,cumin seeds and salt .
- Mix all the ingredients and form a dough.
- Divide the dough to small orange sized balls .
- Take 1 ball , grease your palm with some oil , roll out to smooth finish and gently make a whole at the centre to get a donut shape. Apply same procedure with rest of the dough.
- Heat oil in a pan / kadai , drop 3-4 vada at a time depending on the kadai size . Fry on both sides till it becomes golden brown on medium flame. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve hot vada with ketchup or coriander chutney or sambar .
- You can use any bread..White,brown,multigrain,buns,fresh old,anything.
- You can add any other veggies like grated carrt , finely chopped cabbage ,etc .
- Addition of rice flour and rava gives crispiness and helps in binding .
Sowmya SundararajanFebruary 2, 2016 at 1:40 pm
Hmmm you have even managed to make a Sambhar Vadai out of this. Good one Smitha.
Deepti TiwariFebruary 2, 2016 at 2:45 pm
Wow! I’m surely gonna try this today or tmemrw. May I know if I can replace rice flour with cornflour (I don’t have rice flour presently in my pantry) also not aware if cornflour would bring the same binding effect or not. Pls reply. Thanks. 🙂
DEESHAFebruary 2, 2016 at 2:45 pm
superb idea Smitha
anonymousFebruary 2, 2016 at 4:52 pm
RashmiFebruary 2, 2016 at 4:58 pm
Looks yummy….will try thanku
marudhus kitchenFebruary 3, 2016 at 2:54 am
excellent post with left over bread…have to try
Ramya VenkateswaranFebruary 3, 2016 at 2:57 am
looks so yummy and so easy one
AnonymousFebruary 3, 2016 at 3:17 am
Rafeeda ARFebruary 3, 2016 at 6:03 am
Actually, looking at it, you can’t make out if it is made of bread! Lovely one…
Smitha KallurayaFebruary 3, 2016 at 7:04 am
Ya deepthi you can add corn flour no problem. Do try n let me know ur feedback
UnknownFebruary 3, 2016 at 9:12 am
Its color attracts an i think taste too good one for snacks thank u
Veda YanduriFebruary 7, 2016 at 5:29 am
Thanks Smitha for this wonderful recipe…have tried and it is yummy
AnonymousApril 5, 2016 at 10:51 am
Any substitute for rice flour?
Smitha KallurayaApril 6, 2016 at 5:24 am
can add cornflour
SwatiMay 8, 2016 at 4:38 pm
Are u referring to the white cornflour or will makki ki atta the brown coarse flour be OK too ?
Smitha KallurayaMay 9, 2016 at 4:15 am
white cornflour ..
AnonymousMay 30, 2016 at 2:23 pm
Just made it. Yummy, easy and perfect
Planet69June 7, 2016 at 12:48 pm
What an awesome idea. Looks so scrumptious. Will give this a try. Thanks for sharing!
Renuka SrinivasJune 7, 2016 at 12:53 pm
Lovelyinnovative recipe ! Will these be good to use for dahi wadas also?
Senduralakshmi PJune 7, 2016 at 3:00 pm
Hi smitha, is it 1/4 cup rava and 1/2 cup rice flour or the other way round..because i see more rava in the pic..
Smitha KallurayaJune 7, 2016 at 4:25 pm
i havent tried making dahi wadas with it…
Smitha KallurayaJune 10, 2016 at 6:17 pm
same as mentioned in the recipe…
Anlet prince _ annslittlecornerAugust 21, 2016 at 12:34 am
Easy procedure for vada