Last week i had been to a party . You would be saying , So what ? Wait till i complete. As always, that party too had delicious appetizers. But there was 1 such snack- “ Kurkure Chaat” which i had for the time and was an instant hit. After the first crunchy bite, i polished off the plate,and the verdict was ?
“It’s tangy and yummy !! And it’s so simple to make ..” I recreated it at home and was pretty sure that i would hear ” Yeh dil mange more 🙂 ” Bingo !! i was right ….
Kurkure has become a common snack pack throughout India..Whether it is a grocery shop or a posh super bazaar the kurkure packs are always handy and the flavors they come in are so amazing..Like any other kids, My kids too just love kurkure .
Official site of Kurkure ,claims that it is one of the healthy snacks.So a combination of kurkure and other veggies make it more healthier. A spicy kurkura chaat is sure to tingle your taste buds and is irresistible.
So what are you waiting for ? Try this semi homemade quick and spicy chaat and entice your family
- Kurkure (any flavour of your choice)
- Coriander leaves, few springs
- Chaat masala
- Sweet chutney
- a pinch red Chilly powder, (optional )
- a pinch Salt
- Finely chop the onions, tomatoes ,coriander leaves & grate the carrot.
- Transfer them to a bowl .
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt,red chilly powder,chat masala and sweet chutney to the veggies.
- Mix well all the ingredients such that the masala is uniformly coated on the veggies.
- Finally add, kurkure and pomegranate and give a quick mix.
- Transfer it to a serving plate.Garnish with Sev and coriander leaves.Serve immediately.
- Kurkure already would be having masala.So add just a pinch of masala to the veggies.
- After adding kurkure and sev, serve immediately.Else they'l lose their crunchiness and become soggy.
- You can also add, boiled sweet corn / boiled or roasted peanuts / anything you like.Be creative.
tinku shajiSeptember 10, 2013 at 6:41 am
Looks so yumm.. Easy chaat dish
Priya AnandakumarSeptember 10, 2013 at 8:47 am
Yummy, crunchy and lovely chaat dear…Thanks for linking it to the wtml event…waiting for more yummy crunchy entries from you…
nandoos KitchenSeptember 10, 2013 at 11:22 am
crunchy chat. Looks yummongoing event: healthy breakfast
Shazia WahidSeptember 11, 2013 at 11:22 pm
Thank you for linking the recipe to my giveawayhttp://cutchikitchen.com/100th_Post_GiveAway.html
VardhiniSeptember 13, 2013 at 5:19 am
Crunchy snack. Thx for linking.VardhiniEvent: Chaat & Chutneys + GIVEAWAY
AnonymousAugust 28, 2014 at 12:37 pm
Also try adding boiled potatoes. 🙂
Sheethal KSAugust 10, 2015 at 2:22 pm
thanks a lot madam for teaching a good and healthy recipe…..it was very helpful because i had a competition in school that is cooking without fire
Smitha KallurayaAugust 11, 2015 at 5:14 am
Welcome Sheetal glad t o know that….
bhavyaFebruary 27, 2016 at 1:03 pm
Thank you.. I added tomato sauce instead of chutney and lemon juice too.. Cucumber and capsicum are a good addition too.
LindaJanuary 11, 2021 at 11:37 am
Good article . The way how you explain this strategies. Is very professional.