Lauki Chana Dal ki Sabzi is a North Indian dish served with Roti / Phulka or Rice. It is prepared using Bottle Gourd , lentil and cooked along with mild spices. After all the festival indulgence .. i like to cook something quick , easy and healthy . This Lauki Chana Dali ki sabzi fits the requirement perfectly …..
Bottle gourd is a very healthy vegetable unfortunately many are not that fond of it . Including bottle gourd in our diet reduces fatigue and maintains freshness especially in summer.Its a natural body cooler as it has good moisture content. We all know lentils are a powerhouse of nutrition and should be included in any diet. Bottle gourd along with chana dal makes one nutritious dish . So, sharing Lauki Chana Dal Recipe today and hope you all enjoy try and enjoy this healthy power-packed dish with your family….
If you like bottle gourd You can also check bottle gourd halwa ….
LAUKI CHANA DAL KI SABZI / BOTTLE GOURD CHANA DAL CURRY RECIPE
- 3 cup Bottle gourd /(doodhi / lauki), Chopped
- 1/2 cup Bengal Gram /split Chana Dal
- 1 big size onion, Chopped
- 2 medium size tomato, Chopped
- 2 slit Green Chillies
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric / Haldi powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Aamchoor / Dry Mango Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder / Dhania powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder/ Jeera powder
- 3/4 tsp Garam Masala powder
- few Coriander leaves, Chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 2-3 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Jeera Seeds
- a pinch Asafoetida/ hing
- Wash and soak chana dal for 1-2 hours.
- Peel the skin and cut bottle gourd into cubes.
- Transfer soaked chana dal and bottle gourd to a pressure cooker . Add turmeric and required amount of water .Pressure cook for 3 whistles .Allow to cool .
- In a kadai / pan heat oil . Add mustard seeds , cumin seeds . When it splutters add hing .
- Add chopped Onion , green chillies ,garlic paste and saute till raw smell goes .
- Add chopped tomatoes and salt . Saute till it turns mushy .
- Later add all the spice powders one by one .. Mix well and saute for 2-3 mins .
- Now add cooked dal - bottle gourd and mix well . Taste test .. if required add salt .
- Bring to a boil . Sprinkle chopped cilantro and mix well .
- Lauki chana dal is ready to serve . Enjoy withi Roti / phulka / rice etc
- If you like the curry a bit mushy , you can slightly mash the cooked bottle gourd and dal mix
- You can make a no onion version too .
- Instead of bottle gourd you can use ridge gourd to make turai chana sabzi .