Today i have for you Palak Peas Kachori . The stuffing for these palak kachoris is spicy tangy peas mixture and the outer covering consists of spinach puree. Rich in flavour and mouthwatering taste makes this Palak Kachori a favorite snack with tea/coffee, at parties and for festivities.
I am a huge fan of Chaats ,Street foods and snacks. If anything from this category is offered i just forget the word “DIET” , “CALORIES”…. and just hog hog n hog .. What to do they are so addictive . I’m sure many of you sail in the same boat as mine . Kachori is definitely one such snack that i can die for. Kachoris can be made with various stuffings and today I am sharing with you all ‘Recipe for Palak And Peas Kachori’. Now that fresh tender peas are available in market .. this palak peas kachori is perfect for the season . With the flavors of fennel , ajwain and other spices .. these kachoris are super addictive . Rich in flavor and mouthwatering taste makes this Palak Peas Kachori a favorite snack with tea /coffee , at parties and for festivities. Though a bit time consuming to make ,the end result is well worth the effort!! Next time if you have to impress anyone with your cooking,serve this snack and i’m sure they would tell – ” Wow !! You did it at home ..just can’t believe …Its so Yummy …”So lets begin step by step recipe of Palak Peas Kachori….Here You Go …
Palak Peas Kachori
To make Dough
- 1 1/2 cup Wheat flour / All Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Sooji Rava
- 1/4 cup Spinach
- 1/4 tsp Ajwain seeds / carom seeds
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- Salt, to taste
- Chilled water, to knead
To make Green Peas stuffing
- 1 Cup green peas
- a pinch Hing /Asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Aamchoor / Dry Mango Powder
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds/ saunf
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Roughly chop spinach and make a puree of it by blending in a mixer .
- Take maida / wheat flour , sooji, spinach puree, salt, ajwain and ghee in a bowl. Mix nicely with the tips of your fingers. It will become like breadcrumb.
- Add ice cold water and make a tight dough. (This is an important point to keep in mind. If the dough is soft, the texture of the outer skin will not come good).
- Cover with damp cloth and keep the dough aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Crush green peas in a mixer. Don’t make a paste just coarse texture.
- Take a wok/kadhai. Add a teaspoon of oil, hing. Later add coarse green peas paste. Saute it for 2 to 3 minutes such that moisture dries out. This step is important else kachori will become soft.
- To the dry peas mix add salt, chilli powder, crushed saunf, amchoor powder and garam masala. Mix well such that everything combines well.
- Stuffing for palak kachori is ready.
Time to make Kachori
- Divide the kachori dough to small lemon size balls.
- ust and roll out each ball lightly into thick circular puri. Don't make it thin
- Put 1-2 teaspoons stuffing mixture in the center of puri, bring its ends together and seal its edges nicely. Slightly press with hand or roll lightly to flatten the stuffed balls .
- Heat oil over medium flame to deep fry kachori. When the oil is just hot, slide the kachoris in the pan.
- Cook on low heat till lightly browned from both the sides. Remove on a tissue paper and let cool.
- Crispy and spicy Palak Kachori is ready. Serve hot. Serve Palak And Peas Kachori along with Mint Chutney and Date Tamarind Chutney .
- Ice cold water is used for dough to knead as it makes the kachori crisp and flaky. You can use warm water too but ice cold water gives more better results.
- The dough should be made really tough else they will not become crispy and also will drink oil.
- The oil should not be too hot while dropping kachoris in it.It will not be crisp if the oil is too hot.It should be such that when you drop some dough it should come up slowly, if the dough comes up too fast the oil is too hot.
- To make outer shell crisp and cook evenly, deep fry it over low flame.Deep frying it over medium or high flame will make small bubbles on its outer surface leaving inner surface uncooked.
- Instead of deep frying , you can bake them too .Grease them a bit, place on parchment sheet and bake in preheated oven for 15-20 mins at 180 c. Flip and bake for 3-5 min .