Palak Paneer Recipe | How to do Restaurant style Palak Paneer Recipe | Palak Paneer recipe with step by step photo | How to make Palak Paneer recipe
Today i have for you all one famous and common North Indian Curry .. ” Palak Paneer ” that’s relished with Roti , chapathi , phulka , naan , jeera rice etc . This dish is very simple ,easy to make and end result is just like any restaurant style .
There are many versions of making palak paneer .. and this is my way . I have been making this dish the same way and everyone loves it . Some people shallow fry paneer cubes before adding it to the gravy .. we like it soft . Some don’t blanch palak .. instead fry it . But i feel blanching spinach is a healthy way to cook . It helps in retaining maximum nutrients and also helps in retaining nice green color . Here goes the recipe of green, healthy simple palak paneer that’s worth a try ..have added few notes to retain the color of spinach. Don’t miss it..
Few points to note while making Palak Paneer
How to retain the green color of spinach in gravy :
- While blanching spinach, add little sugar . This will enhance the color .
- After removing the spinach from hot water, immediately transfer it into ice water. Helps a lot in enhancing color
- While pureeing spinach add lemon juice .
- Don’t cover while cooking, else the green color will change.
- Dont over boil spinach.
- If you want you can add little cream / milk / cashew paste to the gravy to make it more rich and give some texture. However , i like it plain.
- Don’t make the gravy too thin adding lots of water
- If you want u can add roasted paneer too..
- I have heard that adding tomato to spinach leads to kidney stones.So i never add tomato to any of my spinach dishes.
- paneer can also be substituted with corn ,baby corn or a combination of garden fresh veggies of your choice.
You can also check few more paneer currys like
You may also check few more Palak recipes like
palak dosa etc
PALAK PANEER RECIPE / HOW TO MAKE RESTAURANT STYLE PALAK PANEER
To make Palak Puree
- 1 big bunch of Spinach /palak leaves
- 4-6 nos Green Chilli
- few sprigs Coriander leaves
- few drops Lemon juice
to grind ..
- 1 big onion, Diced
- 1 inch Ginger
- 5-6 flakes Garlic
Dry spices / masala
- 2 tsp Coriander powder / Dhania powder
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin powder / Jeera powder
- 1/2 tsp Amchoor powder
- 1/2 tsp Kasoori methi
- 1 tsp Garam Masala powder
- 1 cup Fresh Paneer / Cottage cheese
- 1-2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Cumin /Jeera Seeds
- 1 no Bay leaf / tejpatta
- 1 medium size onion, finely chopped
- Salt as per taste
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
First blanch the spinach.Boil water in a big vessel and add cleaned spinach and a pinch of sugar to it. Allow it in hot water for 2-3 min.Strain the spinach(don't discard the water,can be used in gravy),run under running water and immediately transfer it into ice cold water.observe the green color pop.
- Grind diced onion,ginger and garlic. Keep aside.
Grind spinach , coriander leaves and green chilli to a fine paste . While grinding add little lemon juice ,this will help in retaining the green color. Open the mixer jar and keep , else the color will change.
Heat oil and butter in a wok / kadai .Add bay leaf ,splutter cumin seeds.Once they crackle add chopped onion and ground onion -ginger-garlic mixture and fry well till raw smell goes.
Once they turn translucent, add dhania powder, jeera powder ,amchoor powder and kasoori methi . Mix well.
Dice and keep paneer in lukewarm water till ready to use . This will help in keeping it soft
Add spinach puree , diced paneer and salt.Mix well. Dilute the gravy by adding strained palak water to get the desired consistency.Cook over medium flame for about 3-4 mins. Don't cover while cooking, else the green color will fade.
Finally add garam masala powder . Mix .
Remove it from stove. Mix and serve hot with phulka / roti / naan / jeera rice. Garnish with cream if you want