Many people love laddu but don’t make it at home as they feel its very difficult, time consuming and are doubtful about the end result. I too was sailing in the boat in the initial years of marriage and still find it tough making few laddus. Today i have for you all one great easy peasy laddu that so delicious, easy n quickie to make, beginner’s delight and the end result is just awesome. I’m speaking of ” Paneer Laddu / Malai Laddu ” , one of the common sweet in North India during diwali . The best part of this laddu is ..it calls for less than a tsp of ghee and making it takes 15 mins max… Don’t you agree with me ??? …I know you will once you try….Here goes the recipe…
Check Out the Video recipe here :
Paneer Laddu / Malai Laddu
- 200 gms paneer, (store bought or homemade)
- 3/4 cup Condensed Milk
- 1/4 cup Boiled Milk, (at room temp)
- 1 tbsp Sugar, (optional)
- Ghee to grease
- 2 nos Elachi / Cardamom seeds
- 2 drops Kewra essence / rose essence
- few strands Kesar / Saffron threads
For decoration :
- a pinch orange color
- Pistachio finely cut
- Place paneer cubes in hot water.Let it remain in it for 10-15 mins. This gives the paneer a soft melt-in-mouth texture. If using home made paneer you can omit it .
- Crumble paneer using your finger .
- Transfer the crumbled paneer to a mixer jar along with milk , condensed milk, kesar , elaichi and essence . Grind to a very very smooth paste . If required add some more milk or condensed milk . Taste test . If required add sugar .
- To a wide kadai,transfer the ground paste .
- Switch on the flame.Keep the flame on medium and stir in regular intervals.
- After sometime you will observe that the mixure will start thickening .Keep stirring .
- Once the mixture starts leaving the surface and becomes a single lump , its done.
- Transfer the laddu mixture to a ghee greased plate and allow it to cool a bit . Once warm , knead it well . Make small balls and arrange on butterpaper.
- Dissolve a pinch of orange food color in few drops of water .
- Decorate the paneer laddu by keeping a colored dot and sliced pistachios.
- That's it paneer laddu is ready to relish . Stays fresh for 5-6 days when refrigerated .
- If using homemade paneer needn't keep in hot water else you must . That will make paneer soft.
- Do grind paneer , milk mixture to very smooth paste . Else the laddu will become crumbly and you wouldn't be able to make balls .