I have for you all today ” Rava Toast / Sooji Toast / Eggless Savory French Toast ” – one easy to make dish which can be savored as breakfast / in lunch box / as snacks . A simple recipe which is a hit with kids and adults alike .
I had seen this recipe on one of the tv shows and found it really interesting and thought to give a try.We all liked it and since then i don’t even have the counts for number of times i’ve made them. My kiddos love it as their after school snacks . It’s simple ,quick to prepare and tastes really yum. Made from handy ingredients its a perfect healthy dish . Here goes the recipe…
Check Out the Video recipe here :
- 10 slices bread, Salted
- 1 cup upma Rava /Sooji
- 3/4 cup Yogurt curd
- 1 - 2 Big Onions, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 capsicum, Chopped
- 3 - 6 Green Chilli, finely chopped
- small piece Ginger, Finely chopped / grated
- Coriander leaves, few stings; chopped
- ghee/ butter / oil, to toast
- to taste Salt
- Take all the chopped veggies into a wide mixing bowl.
- To that add rava, curd and salt.
- Mix everything nicely to make a semi thick batter of spreadable consistency.Rest it for 5- 10 mins if you want. Our topping is ready.
- Heat a tawa and grease it with oil /butter/ ghee .
- Take a spoonful of the topping and spread it evenly on one side of the bread slice with a spoon.
- Place each toast on the tawa such that the topping side faces downwards. Drizzle some oil and roast on medium low flame till topping turns golden brown in color.
- Flip over and roast the other side too.
- A Healthy and tasty toast is ready to eat.Serve it hot with Tomato ketchup .
- You can add choice of veggies.
- Instead of curd if you want you can use cream.
- Incase if the rava batter became excess and you have left over, add some more water and do like dosa.