Spaghetti Aglio E Olio recipe with step by step photos | How to do Spaghetti Aglio E Olio | Easy Pasta recipe Indian
Spaghetti Aglio E Olio is the most simplest ,easiest and quickest pasta recipe flavored with garlic and olive oil .Hardly takes 15 mins to put everything together , with very minimum ingredients . Perfect for a weeknight dinner or snack . With some soup or toast on the side , they are sure hit with anyone !!
What is Aglio E Olio ?
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio is a traditional Italian pasta which literally translates to garlic and oil pasta ( Aglio=garlic and olio=oil ) . With tempting garlic flavour infused in oil and cooked Spaghetti tossed … It’s super simple !! You can add few veggies too like mushroom, brocolli, corn etc.
Spaghetti Alio e Olio is the perfect example of how sometimes even a simple dish made with just few minimal ingredients can taste so so delicious.
Few Points to note :
- Take care not to over cook Spaghetti . We don’t want to get it mushy . So cook them only Al dante ie spaghetti must be cooked around 80 % only .
- Saute garlic on low medium flame only and take care not to burn garlic. Else it will lend a bitter taste .
- Sauteing garlic on low flame nicely till they are light brown is the most crucial step in this dish . So please saute on low flame only .
- You can add plain or with veggies , with cheese or without cheese.
- Some of the veggies that you can use are corn , mushroom , brocolli , sun dried tomato , olives etc.
How to make Spaghetti Aglio E Olio Recipe with step by step photos :
In a large pan take 4-5 cups of water . Add little salt and a tsp of oil . Allow water to boil . When it boils .. add spaghetti into the boiling water.Take care that you don’t make it mushy. It should be al dante.
Retain a cup of pasta water . Don’t discard all.
In a pan, heat around 3-4 tbsp olive oil.
Add 2 tbsp of finely chopped garlic.
Saute on low flame for 3-4 mins. The oil should get infused with garlic flavour. Take care not to burn garlic.
Add a tsp of red chilli flakes , tsp of oregano,1/2 tsp of basil leaves ( fresh or dried ) .
Continue sauteing on low flame for 2-3 min.let garlic get nicely roasted.
Add cooked pasta water, salt to taste and bring to boil.
When water is boiling nicely , add cooked Spaghetti .
Combine everything well and cook pasta for 2-3 mins. Let they take in flavors and extra water evaporates.
Lastly add finely chopped parsley ( if you don’t have juggad is add coriander leaves 🙂 ) , grated Cheese if you want. Gently toss and serve hot.
Our spaghetti Aglio E Olio is ready !!!
Spaghetti Aglio Olio Recipe
- 200 gm Spaghetti
- 2 tbsp Garlic, finely chopped
- 3-4 tbsp Olive Oil
- tsp Chilli Flakes
- tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Basil leaves , ( fresh or dried )
- Parsley , finely chopped
- salt to taste
- grated Cheese , optional
- Cook spaghetti in 4-5 cup water . Take care that you don't make it mushy. It should be al dante. Add little salt while cooking.
- Retain a cup of pasta water . Don't discard all.
- In a pan, heat olive oil.
- Add finely chopped garlic. Saute on low flame for 3-4 mins. The oil should get infused with garlic flavour.
- Add Red chilli flakes , Oregano,Basil leaves ( fresh or dried ) .
- Continue sauteing on low flame for 2-3 min. Let garlic get nicely roasted.
- Add cooked pasta water, salt to taste and bring to boil.
- Add cooked Spaghetti, combine everything well and cook pasta for 2-3 mins. Let they take in flavors and extra water evaporates.
- Lastly add finely chopped parsley ( if you don't have juggad is add coriander leaves ) , grated Cheese if you want. Gently toss and serve hot.
- Our spaghetti Aglio E Olio is ready !!