Sweet Corn Soup Recipe With step by step photos | How to do Restaurant style Sweet Corn Soup | Sweet Corn Soup Indian | Restaurant Style Sweet Corn Soup
This Restaurant-style Sweet Corn Soup is super easy , delicious and hearty .. made using simple ingredients under 15 minutes. Suit it to your taste and relish it piping hot!
Check out the Video Here :
About this recipe :
My kids are a huge fan of soups especially Sweet Corn Soup . And it doesn’t need to be winter or monsoon to enjoy their all time favorite soup – Sweet Corn Soup .
Basically sweet corn soup can be made two ways. One that is a thick clear soup kind of and the other that’s creamy yellowish type. Usually the restaurant chooses the former type and Knorr / Maggi instant ones are the latter types.
Soups are always considered healthy,nutritious,easily digestible and a perfect accompaniment / replacement for any meal . Its also healer during cold and cough.
The recipe for sweet corn soup that I’m sharing today is extremely simple and easy that even bachelors can make it without any hassle . Made from few ingredients,a must try for all corn lovers. I have kept the flavorings in the soup minimal so that taste of corn comes through. Suit it to your taste and eat it when it’s piping hot! Only after you make your first bowl of soup,you will realize how easy,fresh and yummy a home made soup can be…
Dining in a restaurant i am pretty sure most of you order this sweet corn soup, But I am also sure none of the restuarant s load the soup with these many veggies like we do at home 😀. So time to boil your bowl of delicious healthy soup & enjoy !! And yes don’t forget to share your feedback !!
Restaurant Style Sweet Corn Soup Recipe With Step By Step Photos :
Firstly to a blender add 1 cup sweet corn . The remaining 1/2 cup Corn we will be adding to the soup as such .
Add little water and blend sweet corn .
Sweet Corn puree is ready , keep aside to use later .
Take a pan / kadai . Heat tsp butter . Saute finely minced 2-3 Garlic Cloves and finely chopped 1 inch Ginger .Let they turn golden .
Add 1/4 cup chopped Onion . Saute till translucent.
Add choice of finely Chopped veggies like beans, carrot, capsicum, cabbage. Choice of veggies and quantity of them actually is based on your preference .
Add the remaining 1/2 cup Corn . Add tsp sugar, tsp of salt. Saute 2-3 mins.
Since we have finely chopped veggies , they cook soon . Also for soup , its better you retain the crunchiness .
Later add pureed corn . Add 3-4 cups of water. If you have veg stock you can use , else water will do.
Mix everything nicely , simmer , cover and cook for 4-5 mins.
As soup boils , you will see that , on top frothy scum would have collected.
Using a laddle carefully collect the scum and discard it .
The scum changes the appearance and taste of soup . So it’s better you remove.
Add tsp pepper powder, tsp chilli sauce, 1/2 tsp vinegar n salt to taste . You can alter this quantity as per your wish .
now take 1tbsp Cornflour . Dilute it in water and prepare a lump free slurry . If you like thick soup increase cornflour qty.
Pour the corn flour slurry and stir well.
Stir and boil until the soup thickens. Lastly , add spring onion and garnish. Enjoy hot.
Filling ,heart warming , lip smacking .. perfect Restaurant style Sweet Corn Soup !!
Sweet Corn Soup
- 1 1/2 Cup Sweet Corn
- tsp Butter
- 2-3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 inch Ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup Onion, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Mixed veggies ( beans , carrot , Capsicum, cabbage ), Finely Chopped
- 1-2 tsp Corn flour
- tsp Pepper Powder
- tsp Green Chilli Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Vinegar
- tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Spring onion , to garnish
- Firstly to a blender add 1 cup sweet corn . The remaining 1/4 cup Corn we will be adding to the soup as such . Add little water and blend sweet corn .Keep aside Sweet Corn puree to use later .
- Take a pan / kadai . Heat butter . Saute finely minced Garlic and finely chopped Ginger .Let they turn golden . Add Onion . Saute till translucent.
- Add choice of finely Chopped veggies like beans, carrot, capsicum, cabbage. Saute 1-2 mins .
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup Corn . Add tsp sugar, tsp of salt. Saute 1-2 mins.
- Later add pureed corn . Add 3-4 cups of water. If you have veg stock you can use , else water will do.
- Mix everything nicely , simmer , cover and cook for 7-8 mins. Let the veggies , get cooked nicely.
- Discard the scum formed on top of the soup if you want
- Add pepper powder, chilli sauce, vinegar n salt to taste .
- Prepare Corn flour slurry . Pour it into soup , stir well .
- Boil until the soup thickens. Lastly , add spring onion and garnish. Enjoy hot.