My husband lived in Mumbai for many years and has experienced lot of Mumbai street foods.He has some fond memories of his favorite street food vendors where he would head to cater to his ‘chatpata’ or ‘teekha’ cravings.He always keeps telling me that “Bhelpuri and vada pao may rule the world of Mumbai street food; but I think the Mumbai Sandwich manages to hold its own quite well,believe me its a treat to our taste buds , it has tremendous crowd-pleasing potential… “
Though , i’ve not tasted these “Vegetable Club sandwiches” in Mumbai ,but they are a very popular street food even in Bangalore and they taste just Yum !!!These sandwiches bursts with flavors and veggies. Its just not a treat to the taste buds but is as colorful as rainbow.What adds spice to the veg sandwichis the mint coriander chutney and chaat masala.I love this any day.
For Sunday mornings breakfasts,I usually do something different yet a quick fix .Sandwiches are always fulfilling,healthy,tempting and easy to make.So this time it was Vegetable club sandwich .They are so easy to make..The only thing you need to prepare is the versatile green chutney which matches perfectly with a vegetable sandwich .Once the green chutney is ready, just a few assembling steps to go and then you have a healthy,delicious,rich sandwich to hit your taste buds in the morning.Even my daughter loves arranging the veggeis and makes a sandwich for herself .That explains how easy to make they are …
VEGETABLE CLUB SANDWICH
- bread slices,
- Butter, (optional )
- Green Chutney
- cucumber, slices
- tomato, Slice
- onion, Slice
- capsicum, Slices
- cabbage, cut lengthwise
- Chaat masala
- Tomato ketchup, to serve (optional )
- Apply butter on a slice of bread .You can avoid this if you want.
Now apply the mint coriander chutney on it
Arrange a few slices of cucumber,tomato,onion and capsicum.
- Sprinkle salt and chaat masala over it.
- Top it with finely chopped cabbage.Again sprinkle salt and chaat masala over it .
Cover the vegetable chopped slice of bread with another slice of bread.
Serve immediately as it is or with tomato ketchup/ green chutney .Keeping it for too long will make it soggy.
- Repeat the steps,to make more sandwiches.
- You can replace white bread with brown bread to make it more healthy.
- Except the butter,this sandwich is healthy. Of course,you can omit butter.
- You can place cheese slices /gratings between the sandwiches to make a cheesy club sandwich .
- You can change the veggies for a change. Like you can add slices of carrot , slices of beetroot , baby corn,cooked potato slices etc.Feel free to use any other vegetable and greens as per your choice.
- Instead of Chaat masala you can use sandwich masala . I didn't have them handy .You'l get them ready at shops.
- Lazy to grind green chutney ? You can replace it with spicy readily available sandwich spread.Rest of the steps are same. However , these sandwiches do not taste the same,but for bachelors its a super quick fix.