Today I have for you all a yummy easy Mexican dip ” Guacamole Recipe ” that tastes great with nachos , tortillas ,wraps , sandwich , etc . Made from avocado .. Guacamole is very healthy when compared to many cheesy calorie laden dips . The otherwise bland tasting avocado tastes great when converted to guacamole .
It’s sad that in India avocado is rarely used in any dishes .. may be because of the cost of the fruit or availability or because of lack of knowledge . But actually avocado is very very healthy and has all the good fats essential for body . Good news is slowly people are becoming aware of it and trying to incorporate it in salads / smoothies / milkshake / paratha / sandwich etc .
Buying and using an avocado is tricky most of the times for a beginner . We have always seen avocado pictures as green one . But actually the avocados when green are not ripe and not ready to use . They taste bitter . A perfect ready to use ripe avocado will be dark greenish / brownish /blackish in color , soft to touch , makes a dent when pressed gently and not so pretty to see actually 🙂 !! So if you have picked up a green avocado .. don’t worry .. just put in a paper bag and let it sit on counter top for few days .. eventually they will ripen and be ready to use !! To make a perfect guacamole always use a ripe avocado only . So once you have perfect avocado .. making guacamole hardly takes 10 min.So are you ready to jot down the guacamole recipe with step by step pics .. here you go …
EASY GUACAMOLE RECIPE / HOW TO DO GUACAMOLE INDIAN STYLE
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 1 medium size tomato, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium size onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 Green Chilli, finely chopped
- few Jalapeno, finely chopped
- Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Lemon juice to taste
- Pepper powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Cut avocado into half and remove the seed.
- Using a spoon scoop out the pulp into a mixing bowl . Discard the skin .
- Using a fork .. mash the avocado nicely . How much you want to mash is your choice .. whether you want chunky or mushy .
- To the mashed avocado pulp , add finely chopped onion , tomato , green chilli and jalapeno .
- Add salt , pepper powder and coriander leaves .
- Mix everything well . Finally add lemon juice and mix .
- Yummy easy healthy guacamole is ready to relish !!! Enjoy with nachos or spread on a toast ... Tastes best when had fresh .
- Proper avocado is the key . Make with ripe ones only . there are many YouTube videos which will help you how to choose ripe avoacados .
- Guacamole tastes great when served fresh . As it gets old .. it starts browning . But if you want to make it prior and servbe after few hours .. cover in a cling wrap / air tight container and place in a fridge .
- For an Indian twist you can add some chat masala , garam masala skip jalapeno etc.