Though now a days we get cauliflower through out the year , winter is the time when its freshest.There’s plenty of cauliflower available in the market and i usually buy them often as every body loves them in my home. I have shared few cauliflower dishes here last season and today its a super hit starter or tea time snack ..the ever popular ” Restaurant Style Gobi 65 / Cauliflower 65 ” . They are crispy , crunchy and taste just awesome …!! And Wow they are so easy and simple to make too with just few readily available ingredients…
I am sure most of us order gobi 65 in restuarants. They are basically caulifllower florets marinated with indian spices and deep fried later. I made this Gobi 65 last week as my kids after school snack, and they just loved it.The best thing about home made gobi 65 is that – no MSG, no artificial colors, no additives – pure homemade, hygienic, lip smacking .I couldn’t click much good pics this time as kids were getting restless to attack the plate ..infact my son started putting his hands in between and kept eating piece by pieces while I was taking pictures!! Make this restuarant style Gobi 65 right in our kitchen and surprise everyone… Here we go..
GOBI 65 RECIPE
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 2 tbsp Maida All purpose flour
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp Rice flour
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala powder
- 1/4 tsp Chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Haldi
- 1 tbsp Fresh curd
- a pinch Cooking Soda, (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- few Fried Curry Leaves, to garnish
- Clean and cut cauliflower to Small - medium bite size florets.
- In a large saucepan / vessel boil water. When the water boils, switch off the flame and add salt and a pinch of turmeric. To that throw cauliflower and keep it closed for abt 5-10 mins.This step is always important while cooking cauliflower as it ensures 100 % cleanliness.Drain water and keep aside.
- In a bowl take all the powders and ginger garlic paste.
- Add curd and little water to make the batter like bajji batter or thick milkshake consistency. It should be neither too thin nor thick. Drop all the cauliflower pieces into the batter,mix
- Let it marinate for 30 mins. Cauliflower pieces will absorb the spices.
- Heat oil in a frying pan or kadai. When oil is hot , add a pinch of cooking soda to the batter and mix well.Drop the cauliflower pieces into the oil.Make sure that each part is quoted well with the batter.Deep fry on medium flame till they are golden brown and crisp.Take them out from frying pan and remove excess oil.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup. Enjoy them hot....