How many of you love cutlet ? I can hear lot of Me .. Me .. over there ..Yes i too love cutlet . Now tell me who loves Paneer ? Wow .. I can see many hands there..Hmm…now tell me which do you love most .. Paneer / cutlet ? Haha ..Silence….tough to choose ..right ? Ok Ok .. let me not trouble you more with my questions but treat you with a yummiest melt in mouth dish having both your favorites. Yes you guessed it right … Its ” Paneer Cutlet / Panner Tikkis ” here today . It’s simple ,quick to prepare and tastes really yum. Made from handy ingredients its a perfect healthy after school snack for your kiddos. Relish it as your tea time snack or serve as a starter in your next party …the choice is all yours . But which ever way.. i’m sure that everyone would love it ..
I usually do Paneer Cutlet for my kids snack whenever i make Paneer sandwich / Paneer paratha / paneer bhurji for breakfast .. Wondering why ? Ok let me tell you a secret . Haha .. i make some extra paneer stuffing in the morning and keep aside. In the evening just mash some potatoes to the same paneer stuffing , shape them and fry .. Paneer Cutlet is ready !! Kiddos happy… Mumma happy ..!! You too give a try and enjoy these happy moments… here you go ..
- 1 cup Paneer / Cottage Cheese
- 1 large potato
- A fistful green peas, ( optional )
- 1 Medium onion
- a handful Coriander leaves, - finely chopped
- a big pinch Turmeric Haldi
- 1/2 - 1 tsp Red chilli powder, ( based on your spice level )
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder/ Jeera powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala powder
- 1/2 tsp Chaat masala
- 1 tbsp Cornflour maida
- 4 - 5 tbsps bread crumb , to bind
- to taste Salt
- Boil potatoes , deskin and mash . Blanch peas .
- Grate / crumble paneer .
- In a pan take a tsp of oil . Crackle jeera . Add onion and ginger . Saute for 2-3 mins.Switch off and allow to cool.
- Add all the spices to the crumbled paneer ie salt , haldi , chilli powder, garam masala powder,aamchoor powder,chat masala n coriander leaves . Mix .
- Add blanched peas , mashed potatoes and sauted onions to the paneer .
- Mix everything well. Taste test and add if anything required
- Divide the dough to small / medium equal size balls . Shape them depending on your choice . You can do round flat disc /oval / heart shape / use any cookie cutter to give special shape .
- In a small bowl , mix maida or corn flour with 2 to 3 tbsp of water such that no lumps are formed . The batter should not be thick . In another plate spread breadcrumbs.
- Dip cutlet in cornflour mix to coat all sides and then coat it with bread crumbs well, Repeat same for rest of the cutlets . Keep cutlets covered in refrigerator for 30 mins / more to firm them . You can finish cutlet preparation till here and refrigerate and fry fresh when you are about to serve .
- The coated cutlets can be deep fried / shallow fried on tawa . Keep oil to deep fry in a kadai / deep pan . Once oil is hot, deep fry the cutlet until golden brown from all side.
- Place the cutlet over absorbent napkin to drain excess oil . Serve Paneer Cutlets hot with ketchup / green chutney .
- If you want you can add few other veggies too like capsicum , grated carrot , etc .
- Take care that potatoes while boiling don't absorb excess water . If they do , after cooking place the potatoes on tissue paper so that excess water goes .
- The final paneer cutlet dough should be tight but not gooey . If its loose you can add some bread or cornflour to it to absorb extra moisture .