Baby corn pepper fry recipe with step by step photos | Babycorn milagu varuval recipe with step by step photos
Today I have for you all a quick stir fry recipe that goes well both with rice / phulka . Made from baby corn, it not only looks very attractive but will surely fit your healthy diet. This “ Babycorn Pepper Fry Recipe ” is very simple and easy to make …i would say it is great for a quick weeknight meal. The highlight of this Baby Corn Pepper fry recipe is the freshly roasted pepper which gives it an awesome flavour. If you are looking for some quick side dish to go along with your meal … you must try this Baby Corn Pepper fry …
My kids love baby corn . I have posted quite a few Baby corn recipes here ( do check ). Today’s Baby corn pepper fry is another nice addition to that list. The crunchy crispy baby corn blends beautifully with roasted pepper cumin and makes a tasty stir fry …I make this stir fry sometimes with either mushroom /mushroom + babycorn too. You too give a try .. I am sure you will enjoy the flavours of peppery baby corn. Here you go…
BABY CORN PEPPER FRY RECIPE / BABY CORN STIR FRY RECIPE / BABY CORN SABZI
- 10 -12 nos baby corn
- 1 Big Size onion
- 1-2 nos Green Chilli
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala, Optional
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric / Haldi powder
- Salt as needed
- 1 tsp Black Pepper, ( depends on your spice level )
- 1/4 tsp Cumin powder/ jeera
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder/ Jeera powder
- few Curry Leaves
- 2-3 tsp Oil
- Clean baby corn and cut it into rounds or lengthwise. Par boil baby corn with a little salt./ pressure cook it with little for 1 whistle . Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Dry roast jeera n pepper in a kadai. Fine Powder them in a mixer
- Heat a pan/ kadai with oil . Add mustard jeera and curry leaves . When it splutters add onion and green chillies . Saute till onion becomes light brown.
- Then add pepper - jeera powder ,garam masala,salt and haldi . Saute for 1-2 mins .
- Next add the chopped babycorn . Mix well so that all the masala gets coated to the veggie well .
- Cook for 5-7mins on low flame so that the baby corn takes in all flavor. Stir in between to avoid burning at the bottom . Drizzle little oil if needed .
- Baby Corn pepper fry ready to serve . Enjoy as an accompaniment with Rice / Fried rice / chapathi etc
- As mentioned earlier, you can make this stir fry with just mushroom + capsicum / Baby corn + capsicum / Mushroom + baby corn too.
- Freshly roasted pepper and cumin powder gives a nice flavour to this stir fry . So try to use fresh homemade powder only . Pepper quantity is your choice.
- If you want you can add ginger garlic paste too .You can also add little chilli powder for some colour.
- I would recommend not to overcook the veggies in this stir fry .
- If the veggies are sticking to the Kadai while cooking, you can add oil or sprinkle little water