Today i’m in a celebration mood !!! Guess Why ?? Need some hint ?? Hmm… Ok chalo , let me reveal it … ” Yipee !!! Today my baby blog turns 2 !! ” . It feels like it was just yesterday when I shared my first blog post .Time really flies isn’t it ?? And I’m so happy to be here, blogging.. A big thanks to all of you for your continuous love and support . Your each and every word makes me happy and encourages me…. i’m sure without which things would be entirely different . What ?? I can hear something …. are you guys asking me for a treat ?? How about a Chocolate cake ?? Yumm.. right ? To celebrate the occasion i have for you all ” Eggless Chocolate Cake “… its moist, chocolate-y and delicious…..
Blogging has been fun, engaging, satisfying, and a huge learning experience for me . 2 years before , making cake at home was the last thing i could think of … Yes i was really lazy !! But things have changed now . A big thanks to my hubby n kids too who always praise the expirements that keeps happening in my kitchen . When i was thinking what shall i share for my blog’s anniversary , varoius options started popping in . Finally i zeroed on Eggless chocolate Cake . I have baked this cake few times and happy with the result . But as an icing on cake .. hubby dear said ” Why don’t you decorate your cake with froasting this time .. that would make it special.. “. Then i googled and googled for easy froasting recipes for beginners. Somehow couldn’t push myself to experiment one of those . So switched to instant option.I wanted to decorate my cake in a much better way but while making realized i need some more fine arts skills. I tried my best to make my first frosted cake presentable.. What do you think?? I know its very simple and i could have done better but taste wise it tasted awesome ..
I promise guys i”ll practice more and will come up soon with a better looking cake . Till then you try and enjoy this full proof recipe of Eggless chocolatey cake …I am sure you will love it.. and don’t forget to wish my baby blog HAPPY BIRTHDAY.. Here you go…
EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 1 and 1/2 cups All purpose flour maida
- 3 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 2 tbsps chocolate Chips, ( Optional but recommended )
- 1 tsp Instant coffee powder, ( bru / nescafe etc )
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar, ( normal sugar ) (Increase it to 1 cup if not using choco chips )
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- a pinch Salt
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1/2 cup curd
- 3/4 - 1 cup Hot Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- Powder sugar in a mixer .
- In a big mixing bowl , take curd and sugar powder . Whisk it gently so that curd becomes smooth and sugar dissolves .
- To the curd + sugar mix , add add baking powder and baking soda.Mix gently . You will see bubbles coming out. Keep the bowl aside for 5 mins .
- Meanwhile , Sieve maida , choco powder and instant coffee powder once or twice.Preheat oven at 180 degree c for 10 minutes and grease the baking tray nicely .
- After 5 min , you will see curd mixture would have risen well with frothy texture . Add vanilla essence , salt and oil to the curd mixture . Mix gently with the whisk such that the bubbles doesn't subside .
- Now, add half of the sieved maida , choco and coffee mix and fold it gently. Add chocolate chips too if using while mixing .Again add the remaining half and mix it slowly and nicely such that there are no lumps . But be gentle ,the mixture should not lose its air particles.
- You will see that cake mix would have turned tough . Add hot boiled water slowly in steps and mix the batter to get a dropping consistency . The final batter should be of dropping consistency as shown in pic and not too thick. .Tap slightly to level and to release air gaps.
- Place the loaf tin in the preheated oven and bake it at 180 deg c for 35-40 minutes .Keep an eye on the cake after 30 minutes .If you prick a tooth pick in the centre , it should comes out clean if the cake is done. Mine took around 38 mins to bake .
- Transfer the cake on a wire rack and allow it to cool .
- Once cool , cut to slices and relish your yummy eggless Chocolate cake . Stays good for 3-5 days without refrigeration.
- If you want you can go one step ahead and decorate your cake with icing . I actually wanted to make a ganache with nutella from scratch . But yet to muster courage and lay my hands on it . So for this time i used life saver Blue Bird Instant Whipped Cream . He he .. So easy right .. for people who don't bake often / beginners this is best
- Follow the instrucions as written in packet and refrigerate to get instant cream froasting .
- Cut the cake slightly from the top to get perfect flat surface ( do this step , if your cake has got a dome shape else omit ) . Using a butter knife spread the froasting evenly and decorate the cake as you wish .
- Our eggless chocolate cake with icing is ready . How does it look ?? I know not so great .. but i'm happy with my first ever trial .. Next time i promise i'll do better than this and share with you all how to prepare froasting from scratch ...
- A piece for YOU... !!!
- Curd reacts with baking soda and makes the cake soft and moist . So be gentle while mixing, take care that the mixture should not lose its air particles.
- If you are a vegan / allergic to milk particles , you can omit curd . Instead use about 1 tbsp of lemon juice / white vinegar .
- I read some where that ot water is used while making chocolate cake because it helps to dissolve cocoa better and bring out more flavor.
- While greasing the baking tray , butter should be in room temperature. Else cake will not come out clean
- Always keep an eye when the baking nears the ending time. We don't want our cake to get over baked.
- Don't cut slices when the cake is very hot . Slices won't come neat . It will be crumbly .
Priya ShivaAugust 13, 2015 at 11:20 am
Cake looks yumm! heartiest congrats dear and keep rocking!
Shailaja RAugust 13, 2015 at 12:09 pm
Sowmya SundararajanAugust 13, 2015 at 12:49 pm
Congratulations Smitha and nice looking cake. Good effort.
marudhus kitchenAugust 13, 2015 at 2:33 pm
looks delicious…super tasty
Sony PAugust 13, 2015 at 3:28 pm
Congrats dear….. Cake looks super moist & yummm!!
Preetha SoumyanAugust 13, 2015 at 3:41 pm
looks excellent from where did u get the whipping cream from bangalore and how much does it cost
BhuviAugust 13, 2015 at 4:00 pm
Hi Smitha, can you please give the proportion of ingredients for 1/2 cup maida?I would like to try for 3 to 4 pieces first as im not good at baking ☺
mrkk08August 14, 2015 at 4:48 am
I have become a fan of your recipes! Have tried quite a few of your recipes and loved them all.You recipes are simply awesome! I have posted few links on my recently started food blog as well.Thank you so much for this wonderful recipe! It came out very well.Warm regards & Best wishes!
Smitha KallurayaAugust 14, 2015 at 1:36 pm
thx preetha Soumyan… I bought the whipping cream from MK ahmad n it costs around Rs 45….
Smitha KallurayaAugust 14, 2015 at 1:40 pm
Hi Bhuvi , you can half the recipe proprtionately to get reduced quantity….
UmaAugust 15, 2015 at 8:46 am
I did this yesterday. It is yammmm.. it was not picture perfect. So dint take the pics!!. But the tasted very well.. thank u.
RoopaAugust 16, 2015 at 9:54 am
Hi Smitha, first of all congratulation to you.Yesterday i tried to prepare this, but for some reason it did not turn out that well. The cake was very hard.. i used all the ingredients as recommended here.. i just baked for 15mins.. i do not know if the quality of the maida made difference.. my final dough was looking similar to yours.. Do you have any tips for me? i want to try it out again..
mrkk08August 16, 2015 at 3:55 pm
Delicious cake and it looks beautiful too.Happy Blog anniversary!.
Preetha SoumyanAugust 17, 2015 at 3:00 pm
where is MK Ahmad, which place , i live in Whitefield, Rs 45 great, thats it? can u give me the address
Sona SAugust 19, 2015 at 2:05 am
Congrats on your blog anniversary.. The cake looks so yummy..
Smitha KallurayaAugust 19, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Hi roopa , I think you would have mixed the cake batter really hard … the air would have escaped n hence the cake has turned hard .. also u was the cake cooked just in 15 mins.. !!! i feel you have missed something..better luch next time…
Preetha SoumyanAugust 20, 2015 at 1:43 pm
plz reply Smitha, i have got whipping cream powder, but doesnt seem to be of a good quality, i have searched fresh cream in many places. i found 1 in food world , but very costly. plz reply…
Smitha KallurayaAugust 21, 2015 at 5:24 am
Hi preetha , I stay in JP nagar and this MK ahmad is close to my place. But i believe you have branches of MK ahmad many places and also this product might be available other places too.Which cream powder did u use ? i have tried only blue bird . I wouldnt rate it bes but yes for ocassional bakers and for begginners its OK. I havent tried still buying cream n making frosting .
UnknownDecember 23, 2015 at 5:27 pm
Hey just tried ur recipe for my daughters birthday today, it came out yummy, moist and spongy. Thanks for sharing it. I specially liked the hint of coffee in it. ????
forum masterFebruary 21, 2016 at 8:26 am
What diameter cake mould should I use for this measurement? Please reply asap.
PadmaJanuary 31, 2017 at 3:05 pm
Hi Smitha, how much oil should we put? I think it’s missed in the ingredients list.. TIA