Tutti frutti has been my childhood addiction .The same has transferred to my kids. They are so colorful , attractive and delicious .So today i have for you all a cake which has lots of tutti frutti . I baked this ” Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake ” for my hubby’s birthday last week . And Wow !! the result was awesome . Every one loved it . It was really soft , moist and light ….
Though i had been eating tutti frutti cake from ages , i had never expected making them at home was so simple and easy till i saw here .It hardly takes 10 mins to whip the batter , put it in the oven , bake for next 30 mins.. n its done . If you are a beginner in baking like me, Keep your fingers crossed and taste . Yum !!! you wouldn’t believe this super moist Eggless Vanilla cake with tutti frutti has been baked by you . Yes an absolute beginners delight it is . Do try friends… i am sure you are gonna love it…Here you go….
EGGLESS TUTTI FRUTTI CAKE RECIPE
For the batter :
- 1.5 cups All purpose flour /maida
- 1 cup Fine sugar or powdered sugar, ( i used 3/4 cup )
- 1 cup Fresh thick curd
- 1/2 cup Cooking oil, ( any oil which doesn;t have odour)
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda cooking soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- a big pinch Salt
For the tutti frutti mix :
- 1/2 cup tutti frutti, or more ( as per your preference )
- Raisins, - few
- Cashew nuts, - few ; broken
- 1 tsp maida
For greasing the pan :
- 1 tsp Cooking oil
- In a bowl,take tutti fruiti,nuts and raisins.Add 1tsp of maida and mix well.This step is to avoid sinking of tutti frutti to the bottom of baking tray .
- In a big mixing bowl , take curd and sugar powder . Whisk it gently so that curd becomes smooth and sugar dissolves .
- To the curd + sugar mix , add add baking powder and baking soda.Mix gently . You will see bubbles coming out. Keep the bowl aside for 5 mins .
- Meanwhile , Sieve maida once or twice.Preheat oven at 180 degree c for 10 minutes and grease the baking tray nicely . .
- After 5 min , you will see curd mixture would have risen well with frothy texture . Add vanilla essence , salt and oil to the curd mixture . Mix gently with the whisk such that the bubbles doesn't subside .
- Now, add half of the sieved maida and fold it gently.Again add the remaining half and mix it slowly and nicely such that there are no lumps . But be gentle ,the mixture should not lose its air particles.
- Lastly add the tutti frutti mix and fold it.
- Pour this batter into greased loaf tin .The final batter should be of dropping consistency and not too thick. .Tap slightly to level and to release air gaps.
- Place the loaf tin in the preheated oven and bake it at 180 deg c for 30-40 minutes .Just 5 minutes near the end take the baking tin out and brush the top with milk. Put it back inside the oven and cook until it is completely baked. This gives a golden crust . Keep an eye on the cake after 30 minutes .If the top crust becomes golden and a tester comes out clean , the cake is done. Mine took around 36 mins to bake .
- Transfer the cake on a wire rack and allow it to cool .
- Once cool / warm cut to slices and relish your eggless tutti frutti cake with tea/coffee or eat as a snack.
- For a healthier version replace maida with wheat flour. But it would be little dense
- The quantity of tutti frutti , nuts is purely choice .
- You can skip the fruits, nuts and make it a simple sponge cake.
- Always keep an eye when the baking nears the ending time. We don't want our cake to get over baked.
- Stays good for 3-5 days without refrigeration
mrkk08May 29, 2015 at 11:21 am
Can someone say no for tutti frutti cake.. Looks yum
RamyaMay 29, 2015 at 12:13 pm
Any variation of this we can try with normal microwave?
ShobhaMay 29, 2015 at 6:51 pm
Delicious cake and my favourite.. BYW just bakes a tutti frutti bread yesterday
Sony PMay 30, 2015 at 2:07 am
Super spongy & yummmm
AnonymousMay 30, 2015 at 2:20 am
Can we substitute the yogurt with something else?
Smitha KallurayaMay 30, 2015 at 7:27 am
Hi ramya , U can make tis in microwave too but te outcome wouldnt be that best .
Smitha KallurayaMay 30, 2015 at 7:28 am
instead of yogurt you can use condensed milk
padma veerankiMay 30, 2015 at 12:02 pm
Cake looks scrumptious..very well explained!!…Nostalgic memories associated with this cake dear!!
Sathya PriyaMay 30, 2015 at 9:33 pm
spongy cake smitha.colorful
marudhus kitchenMay 31, 2015 at 11:53 am
very nice kind of yummy cake for tea time
PriyaPhJune 1, 2015 at 4:22 pm
Can we substitute maida with whole wheat flour?
Maha GaddeJune 3, 2015 at 12:46 am
one of the best cake fr tea time..
ManasaJuly 20, 2015 at 11:48 am
Awesome recipe. So easy to follow. Thanks Smitha. It was just lovely.
Breadmachinecenter.netAugust 6, 2015 at 3:57 pm
Thanks for posting this info. Very helpful and informative and looking amazing.
UnknownSeptember 13, 2015 at 7:08 am
Hi smitha .js went thru ur tutti fruity cake receipe …can u pl let me know which loaf tin size hv u used for this recipe. I always hv doubts abt tin size.
Smitha KallurayaSeptember 14, 2015 at 4:35 am
i have showed the size of the tin that i have used…
savitaJanuary 10, 2019 at 11:10 pm
mam plz tell u hv used aluminum foil pack its not solid can we use same
Smitha KallurayaJanuary 18, 2019 at 2:47 pm
yes u can
UnknownSeptember 23, 2015 at 5:46 pm
hi…. i want to use gluten free all purpose flour? will the result remain same….
Smitha KallurayaSeptember 28, 2015 at 4:46 am
sorry havent tried ..
Pallavi SSeptember 30, 2015 at 8:46 pm
Can we taste the yogurt in the cake? Will it be the same if we used condensed milk instead of yogurt?
PriyaDecember 14, 2015 at 9:22 pm
When do you add oil
Smitha KallurayaDecember 15, 2015 at 1:32 am
After mixing curd and has turned frothy
PGDecember 25, 2015 at 2:54 am
Tried and came out really well. Baking time I had to increase to around 45-50 minutes. Thanks for the recipe
mrkk08January 3, 2016 at 8:46 am
Never make a FRUTTI CAKE before, it must be delicious, thanks, I would like to make it soon
Ranjani NatarajanMarch 4, 2016 at 9:46 am
Awesome recipe. Tried today and came out good. Your illustrations very good. Thanks a lot.
nidhi singhalMarch 11, 2016 at 8:52 pm
I do not have any essence at home….any home made substitues?
nidhi singhalMarch 11, 2016 at 8:53 pm
I do not have any essence at home…any home made substitutes?
Icecream.....n thats me :)May 9, 2016 at 9:13 am
Hi smitha..from your pictures you have baked your cake in those disposable packing stuff…never knew it worked. Did I understand it right? Regards, vineela
Smitha KallurayaMay 10, 2016 at 5:48 am
vanilla essence tastes best in any baking … if ypu dont have that try adding little scrapped orange gest ( peel )
Smitha KallurayaMay 10, 2016 at 5:50 am
yes have used disposable aluminum trays .. for otg it works
ShalmaliMay 14, 2016 at 3:06 am
Made it today..turned out fabulous! Thanks Smitha for the recipe!
Vaishnavi RaviAugust 21, 2016 at 11:33 am
Can u pls send same method to micro wave atleast send mins pls thank u bye
Anita PareekSeptember 18, 2016 at 9:36 am
thanks for detailed recipe with pictures. Cake looks amazing!
YalSeptember 24, 2016 at 12:19 am
Hi smitha, tried this recipe yesterday and came out super soft and delicious.. Thanks for the recipe.. Can we replace oil with butter in this recipe or add some butter to it.. If so what is the proportion ? I just wanted to add some butter flavor to it.. Thanks in advance.
RimzimJanuary 5, 2017 at 11:09 am
Tried out your recipe. I was super light and soft. I used a cup of powdered sugar instead of 3/4th cup. The baking time for me was around 40-45 mins.
Here is the photo of my cake:
MugdhaFebruary 13, 2017 at 7:07 pm
I followed the exact measurements and the process, but i found that my curd+sugar+baking powder+baking soda mixture did not rise well….subsequently the batter was thicker than in your pics. Also, the cake was a bit dense. How can i ensure batter consistency? Is there anything I can add to the batter to make it more liquid?
ShubhaAugust 16, 2017 at 12:59 pm
Tried your recipe… It was yummm. Thanks for sharing.