Looking for some healthy breakfast items ? I am sure most of us are ..Apart from being healthy, it has to be tasty,easy n has to receive thumbs’up from all…Right ? Generally if something is made of a healthy ingredient it doesn’t attract people .Well… I am super confident that’s my today’s post ” Ragi Dosa / Ragi Dose / Fingermillet crepes / Nachni Dosa” fulfills all these criteria and will definitely make your breakfast or dinner a sumptuous one. It is Gluten free ,nutritious, high in dietary fiber, tasty n crispy crunchy.
Growing up i had got a very close insight of diabetics through my grandmother.Poor mom used to prepare for her diabetic friendly dishes, but granny used to get angry.Finally mom learnt many dishes,which we all could relish along with granny.Ragi Dosa is one such dish.There are two variations,the instant ones and the other fermented Ragi dosa.Today i’ll post the fermented method of making Ragi dosa in memory of my granny which she used to love when compared to the instant ones.Easy to make,yummy to taste and very crispy crunchy.
FERMENTED RAGI DOSA
- 2 cups ragi
- 1/4 cup Urad dal
- 1 tsp Methi seeds
- Salt, as needed
- Oil for making dosas
- Soak the Urad Dal and fenugreek seeds for at least four hours. Then grind it into a smooth batter.
- Stir in the Ragi flour and salt.Mix well so that there are no lumps Set it in a warm place to ferment overnight
- Morning due to fermentation the volume of the batter would have increased.Add water if required to get dosa batter consistency.
- Heat a dosa tawa, take a ladle of ragi dosa batter and spread it in circular motion. Drizzle little oil around the dosa. Depending on your liking ,you can spread thin like paper dosa or do like uttappa.I normally do thin dosas.
- Once it gets cooked, flip it and Serve hot with coconut chutney or sambar or chutney powder or any chutney. This dosa will be crisp yet soft and delicious.Im sure your family will love these Crispy Ragi dosas at their breakfast or dinner, will post the instant ones soon 🙂
- As a variation you can top these dosas with grated panner / grated cheese / chopped onions /capsicum / potato stuffing ( like masala dosa)
- while making next dosa rub the tawa with a cut onion disc . This will help in removing the dosa easily.
GloriaNovember 27, 2014 at 12:43 pm
super yummy dosa..healthy and really interesting recipe…
marudhus kitchenNovember 27, 2014 at 12:48 pm
Wow….its crispy…and especially than cone dosa is so nice…????
Priya ShivaNovember 27, 2014 at 12:51 pm
Healthy and looks so delicious!
Ritu AhujaNovember 27, 2014 at 7:42 pm
I love ragi because of its health benefits. This dosa looks perfect. Love the pics. These pics made me hungry. 🙂
Ree KasirajhNovember 28, 2014 at 11:22 am
That looks wonderful…healthy millet in a tempting way!!
Shwetha M SJune 11, 2015 at 1:39 am
Thank u very much
Shwetha M SJune 11, 2015 at 1:40 am
Thank u very much for sharing this recipe
Prathima JoishySeptember 11, 2015 at 3:30 pm
Thanks for another wonderful recipe, Smitha. My mom tried this out yesterday and it was really good. She added onions to the batter before taking the dosa so it tasted better. Once again, my mom is looking forward to trying out many things from your blog. Thanks.