How to do Grapes Pickle Recipe | Easy Instant Grapes Pickle recipe with step by step pics
Bought some grapes and they turned sour? Thinking how to use it? Though we taste grapes before buying for its sweetness, sometimes it does happen that …what comes to our house is sour or tasteless. After paying so much we don’t even feel like throwing it. One of the dish that comes to rescue to use up sour grapes is this Instant Grapes Pickle . The sweetness tanginess of grapes, hotness from spices makes this pickle an absolute finger licking . It is very simple … yes hardly takes 5mins .
Other than Grapes pickle . to empty tart tasteless grapes , i do this Pineapple grapes gojju ( Omit pineappe and add grapes as a major ) or grapes sasime or chutney .. but the simplest and quickest of all is this grapes pickle. My son loves to eat it as such too. Now that grapes are in the season, I am sure you too would want to try this recipe immediately .. and if you do .. like always do share your feedback 🙂
Few points to note while making grapes pickle recipe :
- Sour grapes tastes best for this pickle
- If your grapes are not sour , you can use few citric acid crystals ( nimbu uppu).
- Instead of fenugreek seeds , you can use powder if you have .
- Can add few curry leaves also
- Adjust salt red chilli powder etc based on the tangyness of grapes .
GRAPES PICKLE RECIPE / INSTANT GRAPES PICKLE RECIPE
- 1 1/2 cup Green Grapes, sour preffered
- 1/2 - 3/4 tsp Red chilli powder
- a big pinch of Haldi/ turmeric
- Salt to to taste
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- less than 1/4 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- a big pinch of Asafoetida
- Wash , drain and cut grapes into half . If your grapes is very small you can add as such too .. but cutting ensures nice penetration of masala .
- Heat oil in a kadai . Splutter mustard .
- Later add fenugreek seeds. let it get aromatic .
- Keep the flame on low and add all dry powder one by one ... ie hing , haldi , red chilli powder and salt . Saute for 20-30 sec . Make sure the flame is on only .. else masala will burn and spoil taste . If your grapes are not sour add citric acid crystals ( nimbu uppu ) at this stage .
- On low flame it self add grapes . Mix well for a min . Switch off . Make sure not to over cook grapes .. they should be firm .
- Instant grapes pickle ready to relish. Stays good for 3-4 days in the fridge. Tastes best when fresh
- Enjoy grapes pickle with Curd Rice / Coconut rice etc .