In Bangalore, weather is turning pretty chill day by day and there is hardly any sight of Sun. All i want right now is soup …to make me feel good and warm !! There’s just something amazing about a hearty bowl of soup as it reaches your belly …making us feel warm inside out in this cold weather . Being a fan of soups .. i am happy that Soup season is ON !!! So today i have for you all one easy healthy simple and very delicious ” Indian Broccolli Soup Recipe / Cream of Broccolli Soup ” for you all .. Slurppp … .
Broccoli is the epitome of a superfood.It is hearty and tasty vegetable packed with lots of nutrients . Every single floret is packed with vitamin C, fibre and plenty of other natural goodies . If you are not a fan of this veggie .. Broccolli soup is just a perfect way to include it in your diet . It not only looks attractive , tastes amazing and is quiet filling too .You can skip cream and use skimmed milk and olive oil to make it more low cal . Do give a try and enjoy this healthy broccoli soup this winter ..
Check Out the Video recipe here :
Also, check palak soup ,tomato soup ,mushroom soup etc..
INDIAN BROCCOLI SOUP RECIPE / CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP
- 2 cup Broccolli
- 1 small size potato, optional
- 1 medium size onion
- 3-4 flakes Garlic
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp cream, optional
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Pepper, as required
- 1/4 tsp Oregano powder
- Pepper powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Wash and roughly dice broccoli florets . Dice potatoes too .
- In a pan / cooker , add butter . Saute onion , garlic and pepper . Let the onion turn translucent .
- Later add broccoli florets and diced potatoes . Saute for 1-2 mins .
- Add adequate water and pressure cook for 2 whistles . If you have vegetable broth .. use it instead of water . Once the pressure releases .. open the cooker and allow the veggies to cool a bit before pureeing .
- Drain the veggies . Don’t discard the water . Keep it aside to use later . Reserve a few brocolli florets too . You can chop a bit and add garnish the soup . Puree the remaining veggies into a smooth paste using a blender .
- Transfer the brocolli puree to a pan . Add the drained water kept aside before into the soup .. mix . Let the soup boil a bit .
- At this point , add milk .. mix and simmer well on low flame . If its thick .. can add some water too to get required consistency
- Add some oregano powder , salt and pepper powder ( optional ) for seasoning . Mix
- If you are adding cream .. add finally… mix and finish the soup . instead can add cream for garnish too .
- Serve hot Cream of Broccoli soup with some toasted bread/ croutons / as such .
- Here i have added potato to give nice thickness to the soup . If you don’t want potato .. can add carrot too . But the color may alter . Or if you want can add cornflour to thicken .
- Addition of cream is purely optional . If doing for kids i add .. if for me i don’t .. 🙂 . tastes good still ..
- Boil the soup in low flame only .. else the color of the broccolli might change .
AkanshaDecember 12, 2018 at 8:43 am
Tried your recipe , it tasted very good.
Everyone liked it .
DivyaApril 7, 2020 at 6:10 pm
Did Broccolli soup today with carrot. It turned out to be too good. Was appreciated by entire family. Thanks Smita.
Smitha KallurayaApril 13, 2020 at 3:56 pm
so glad to hear …welcome
Arvind SrivathsanDecember 5, 2020 at 7:16 pm
Lovely recipe.. I followed the exact same steps for preparing the broccoli purée (without potato). Instead of directly adding milk to the purée, I thickened the milk by heating the same in butter and atta. Then mixed it to the purée; continued your steps.
End result: nice and flavourful cream of broccoli soup! Thank you.