How many of you love Kulfi ? I can hear many “Me ..Me.. ” there.. But how many of you avoid eating them these days cause of loads of sugar , khova , condensed milk etc going into it ? Hmm… kulfis are so addictive and tempting ..especially in this summer.. that its difficult to tell no too . But what about the weighing scale ? I am sure like me many of you face this dilemma often . I have some good news … you needn’t resist your Kulfi cravings anymore .. Here’s a diabetic friendly , weight watcher’s delight , kids friendly ” Sugarless Mango Oats Kulfi ” . Its creamy , rich , tasty and very very healthy …
Few days back i saw this oats Kulfi recipe in Food Food’s Safolla Fit Foodie program .There chef Vikas Khanna used instant Fruit & Nuts- Cranberry flavor quick cooking oats .Now since Mango is in the season , i thought of using plain quick cooking oats and flavor it up with mango . When i served it to my family , everyone kept guessing the secret ingredient but couldn’t succeed .Finally when i revealed that it was made from oats , my hubby was so surprised and ate two extra Kulfis .Do try friends … you will love these healthy Mango Oats Kulfi …
MANGO OATS KULFI
- 4 tablespoons Quick cooking/ plain oats
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 Cup Mango puree
- 1 Tbsp Jaggery, ( optional )
- 3 Tbsps Honey, ( depends on your preferred sweetness)
- 1 cardamom/ elaichi
- Almonds pista cashew, as much as you want
- Few strands saffron, (optional but preferred)
- Take oats, cardamom and half the quantity of nuts in a mixer and powder them .
- Puree the chopped mangoes .
- Finely chop remaining nuts . Soak saffron in warm milk.
- Pour the milk in a thick bottomed vessel. Add oats + nuts powder to it . Mix well . Keep the flame on medium heat.
- After 2-3 minutes add jaggery and honey and mix well .
- When the mixture starts to thicken , add mango pulp ,chopped nuts and saffron . Mix everything well . Switch Off and allow to cool .
- Pour it into “Kulfi Moulds” and freeze .
- That's it after 4-6 hours ,unmould mango oats kulfi from the moulds and relish them guilt free. Isn't that cool ... ??
- Instead of plain oats you can use any flavored oats that are available these days .
- Adding mango puree is optional . instead you can make plain kesar pista flavor , saffron flavor or any other fruit flavor .
- If you are not adding mango puree then increse the quantity of jaggery a bit .
- I used quaker oats . you can use any brand that you like
- To unmould the kulfi run th eoutside of the Kulfi mould under tap water for a few seconds and carefully take out
- if you don't have kulfi moulds you can pour it in any air tight box and serve as ice cream .
GloriaApril 23, 2015 at 1:40 pm
Kulfis looks super tempting.. Loved the healthy twist..
AnonymousApril 23, 2015 at 3:48 pm
Love it, Thank you for this!!
AnonymousApril 23, 2015 at 5:16 pm
AnonymousApril 23, 2015 at 7:06 pm
where to get kulfi moulds
AntoApril 23, 2015 at 7:41 pm
Sathya PriyaApril 23, 2015 at 8:31 pm
Lovely kulfis.I am making it for sure…
Beulah ArunApril 24, 2015 at 2:38 am
Ramya VenkateswaranApril 24, 2015 at 3:33 am
wow wow mouthwatering kulfis
AnonymousApril 24, 2015 at 3:27 pm
I heard you don’t oil honey…may be add honey once all the heating is done
Meena KumarApril 24, 2015 at 6:13 pm
U mixed oats in kulfi too what is this Smitha :))))) Make me one without that pl. But I am sure the diabetic patients will really appreciate this kulfi.
padma veerankiApril 24, 2015 at 11:26 pm
Kulfis look super gorgeous and delicious:)
chittisongsApril 26, 2015 at 12:03 am
Instead of mango , can I use chocolate syrup or Nutella , coz my kid only eats chocolate flavor
SunflowerApril 26, 2015 at 3:55 pm
Beautiful colours! The very sight is cooling! 🙂
Rafeeda ARApril 27, 2015 at 8:10 am
I also had seen it in the Fit Foodie programme and since then it has been playing in my head and now seeing your post, I am tempted even more! What a healthy way to enjoy a frozen treat, na? 🙂
Maha GaddeApril 29, 2015 at 12:21 am
Kulfis luks really tempting and yummy..
mrkk08May 1, 2015 at 8:06 pm
Very delicious! I like your pictures too. Thanks for sharing.
Smitha KallurayaMay 4, 2015 at 10:35 am
ya u can use….
mrkk08June 22, 2015 at 7:31 am
Great work as usual. I’ve been stalking your blog anticipating your next build.
ChaitraSeptember 15, 2015 at 11:30 am
Hey these were super hit with my kids. Thanks for the recipe. I made only plain kulfi as mango is now off season.
UnknownJune 5, 2016 at 3:53 am
Tried the kulfi recipe with my 7 year old daughter.. awesome taste and easy to make.the entire family loved it..