Aamras recipe with step by step photos | How to do Aamras | Aamras Poori recipe
Aamras – a popular Indian dessert that is actually native to Maharashtrian and Gujarati cuisine. Made by pureeing mango …it is one of my all-time favourite desserts. Bursting with the flavour of fresh mango… it’s absolutely delicious, silky and super easy to make.One can relish it chilled as a dessert or enjoy as a side dish along with poori. Aamras puri one irresistible combo.
What is Aamras ?
Aam ( Mango ) Ras ( Extract / juice ) basically means fruity extract / Puree.Addition of cardamom and saffron,makes the dessert tastier.It is also known as Keri no Ras in Gujarati language where keri means mango. Though many ready-made brands of Aamras are available in the market, I somehow don’t like most of them. Homemade Aam ras is just irresistible. It’s so easy to make them …there is nothing that can go wrong here even if you are the newbie into the kitchen.
Few variations and points to note before making Aamras :
- Always use well ripened juicy mangoes only for this like Alphonso. You can aslo use other good quality mangoes like Mallika , Kesar mango, Dashari, Raspuri mango.
- The amount of sugar depends on the sweetness of mangoes and your individual preference If the mangoes are slightly tangy, then increase sugar quantity. But if the mangoes are sweet , you can increase or skip the sugar.
- Don’t make the aamras too thin . It should be creamy and thick . Alter the quantity of milk based on the thickness.
- If you don’t have kesar( saffron ), you can skip . However adding it makes the end result so tasty.
- Instead of kesar , you could add a pinch of dry ginger powder or a pinch of nutmeg ( jaiphal )
- If you want , you can add few finely chopped cashews / pista for extra taste .
So are you ready to jot down Aam ras recipe . Here you go ..
- 2 large Ripe Mango
- 2-4 tsp Sugar, based on your preference
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 nos Cardamom / Elaichi
- a big pinch Saffron threads / Kesari
Soak saffron in hot milk for 5-10 mins.
Wash, peel and cut the mangoes into cubes
Take a blender and add all the ingredients into it i.e mango , saffron milk , sugar , elaichi .Blend to make a smooth paste.
Aamras is ready to serve. Transfer to a serving bowl ,
One can relish Aamras chilled as a dessert or enjoy as a side dish along with poori. Aamras puri one irresistible combo.