Palak dosa recipe with step by step photos | How to do instant palak dosa | Spinach Dosa
Preparing healthy , filling and a different variety breakfast each day is a daunting task . So today i have ,one more breakfast option for you all … and this time its Instant Palak Dosa / Spinach Dosa . These dosas are a nice variation to the regular Neer dosas. They are not only healthy but colorful & attractive too !
These palak dosas are a nice way to sneak in spinach in your kiddos diet.. they will love this colorful Dosa .
The method of making these dosas is almost similar to neer dosa and tastes great with the mild flavor of Palak . Unlike the typical dosa, Spinach dosa doesn’t need any fermentation .Just soak the rice for few hours and blend well with few spices. That’s it our batter for Palak dosa batter is ready.
The Palak dosas have got a gorgeous color along with amazing health benefits .They actually don’t need any side dish too.Also these dosas can be carried in lunchbox as they taste good even when cold.
Few points to note while making this Palak Dosa :
- This dosa can be made spicy or plain version. For the plain version just grind rice,palak ,coconut and salt.
- You can even keep the batter thick and spread the dosa with the back of the ladle, as how we do ordinary dosas. But I prefer making the batter watery… Dosas turn out thinner.
- If you want you can serve soft dosa by removing quickly or make it crisp by cooing it on sim for few more seconds. Either way they taste good.
- You can do it in iron tawa too. But its more time consuming and the kitchen becomes messy.
- The left over batter if any, you can keep in fridge and do dosa next day.
Try it for yourself .. i am sure you will agree with me. Here goes the recipe ….
You can also check other instant dosa like Cucumber dosa , tomato dosa etc
PALAK DOSA / SPINACH DOSA
- 2 Cup Dosa Rice / Normal rice
- 1 cup Spinach /palak leaves
- 2 tbsps coconut , grated
- 1-2 nos Green Chillies, Optional
- a small piece Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Coriander /Dhania seeds
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds /Jeera
- Salt to taste
- Oil to make dosa
- Wash and soak rice for 3-4 hours.if doing for breakfast, alternatively you can soak overnight.
- Clean , wash and roughly chop palak leaves .
- Transfer soaked rice, Palak ,coconut ,coriander ,Cumin , chilli ,ginger and salt to a mixer. Grind to a smooth batter adding little water .
- Transfer the batter to a vessel.
- Add water generously such that the batter attains running consistency ( like milk ).
- Heat a tawa or a non stick saucepan . YWith saucepan its more easier as you can easily do round shape.
- Once its very hot,hold the handle of the pan in left hand and pour dosa batter to the pan using right hand. Quickly rotate and tilt the pan in a circular motion so that the batter spreads thin covering the entire pan. If you want drizzle few drops of oil . I don't.
- Lid the pan and cook it on a medium flame. Once its cooked,the edges of the dosa will start leaving the pan.You need not flip this dosa and cook on other sides as they are thin .Using a spatula, slowly fold it to half and transfer to a serving plate.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter.Remember that while pouring the batter, pan should be very hot.
- Serve the Palak Instant dosa with coconut chutney / Chutney powder . Even the plain dosa tastes yum...
DivyaJuly 26, 2017 at 4:13 am
Hi.. Do we need to use idli rice or normal sonamassori rice ? Please let me know
Smitha KallurayaJuly 26, 2017 at 7:30 am
You can use either …