Scorching summer is just round the corner …What is better than a slice of watermelon on a boiling hot summer day ? So here i am with a nice ,quick and refreshing drink to relish on a hot summer day…”Watermelon Refresher” – the perfect thirst quenching solution !! I’m sure sipping this watermelon and orange juice will make you feel rejuvenated..
More than just a summer treat, watermelon is full of vitamins A,C and B6 pottasium and amino acids .And it is approximately 92 % water ,so very hydrating and low cal.You can make the plain watermelon juice too but addition of lime / orange gives extra zing and a pinch of Indian spices adds an extra dash..Here goes the recipe for Watermelon refresher , which is actually a no recipe..
- 3 Cup watermelon, Peeled, deseeded chopped
- 1 Cup orange, Peeled ,de seeded & de skinned
- 1 tsp Chaat masala
- a pinch Black salt or normal Salt
- a pinch Pepper powder, optional
- Sugar, if required
- Ice cubes & mint leaves, for garnish
Cut the watermelon into chunks, Deseed them and place in refrigerator for 1-2 hours.Let them get cool.
Peel ,deskin and deseed orange fragments.Place in refrigerator for 1-2 hours.Let them get cool.
To a blender transfer water melon and orange fragments .Add salt,sugar.
- Blend well. No need to add water.Lastly add chat masala powder and pepper powder.Mix well .
Pour the juice into serving glass.Add ice cubes if required .Garnish with mint leaves
- Plain water melon juice with just sugar or plain water melon juice with sugar ,pepper and chat masala.
- Instead of orange you can add lemon or pineapple cubes or some berrys or anything that gives a tangy taste to the watermelon.
- For additional flavour you can add while blending mint leaves / ginger / basil leaves
- Pour these juice into ice tray or candy molds to get Popsicle.. kids will love it..