BABY CORN FRY RECIPE WITH STEP BY STEP PHOTOS | BABY CORN ROAST RECIPE WITH STEP BY STEP PHOTOS
Today I have for you all one easy, simple and very common side dish that can be prepared in a jiffy. I know like me, most of us love baby corn. So here is ” Baby Corn Fry / Baby Corn roast “..it’s crunchy, spicy and so addictive. My kids lovvvveeee it to the core .. and enjoy it even in their lunch box. Paired with Dal/rasam/ Curd rice /coconut rice etc they are irresistible…
There are many ways one can make Baby corn fry. The highlight of this Baby Corn fry recipe is the nicely roasted baby corn in Indian spices till crisp and takes just a few minutes to make. Today let us try this baby corn roast following this easy recipe & enjoy…
Few points to note before Baby Corn Fry :
- Don’t overcook baby corn. After pressure releases, drain baby corn nicely so that they don’t absorb water n become soggy.
- If you want you can add onion ginger garlic paste also. Little garam masala powder too .
- before adding spices, the oil should not be fuming hot. Else spices will burn quickly and taste will spoil.
BABY CORN FRY RECIPE / BABY CORN ROAST RECIPE / BABY CORN STIR FRY
- 15 nos baby corn
- 1-2 tsp oil to temper
- few Curry Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Haldi /turmeric
- 3/4-1 tsp Red chilli powder, based on your spice level
- 1/2 tsp Aamchoor / Dry Mango Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala powder, optional
- Salt to taste
- 1-2 tbsp Corn flour / Rice flour
- just to sprinkle Chat Masala powder
- 3-4 tsp oil to toast
- Wash & pressure cook baby corn with for 2 whistles in medium flame. Once the pressure subsides,drain water.
- Cut them into small rings / coins type cut like shown.
- Take a Kadai/ thick pan. Add oil, temper it with curry leaves. Reduce the heat a bit and add haldi, red chilli powder,aamchoor powder and salt to taste. If you want,add garam masala powder. Give a quick toss. Make sure oil is not too hot,before adding spices.If the oil is too hot, keep the pan away from the flame / keep the flame in low.Else masala will burn.
- Add in baby corn discs and mix well such that spices are well coated.
- Add 1-2 tsp cornflour/rice flour. Add 2-4 tsp oil to roast. Keep the flame on medium-low and fry nicely on a low flame for 8-10 minutes such that baby corn gets nicely roasted and gets golden brownish spots here and there.NNote: you can keep low flame n carry on with other works as baby corn is getting roasted...no need to stand there n keep an eye constantly ????
- Baby corn fry is now ready to be served. If you want to sprinkle little chaat masala to make it more tastier.
- Enjoy baby corn fry with Dal Rice / Rasam Rice / Curd Rice / as such too as a snack.