Thinking what to cook for tonite’s dinner ? How about capsicum curry ? If your kids too are like mine and hate capsicum … hey wait let’s make it interesting . Here goes some corn into the curry . Addition of corn would surely leave your kids lip smacking this ” Corn Capsicum Curry / Corn Capsicum Masala “. Not just with kids but an absolute winner with adults too . It’s simple ,quick and delicious..worth a try !! So are you ready to jot down the recipe of style corn capsicum masala .. here you go ..
CAPSICUM CORN MASALA
- 1 big size capsicum, chopped
- 1 cup Corn Kernels, boiled
- 2 big onion, finely chopped
- 1 big tomato, finely chopped or puree
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 small Bay leaf
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds Jeera
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 2 tsps Dhania Coriander
- 1 tsp Jeera / cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala powder
- 1 tsp Kasuri Methi /dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 - 2 tbsps Fresh cream,
- 5 - 6 Cashew, ( soaked in water)
- Coriander leaves, finely chopped
Take a kadai , heat 1 tbsp oil and once the oil is hot add cumin seeds & bay leaves .
Once the cumin splutters , add chopped capsicum and saute for 2-3 mins .
Keep the fried capsicum aside to be used later .
To the same kadai add 1 tbsp oil , add chopped onion and fry till the onion turns translucent . Once it turns translucent , add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell goes .
Add tomatoes and little salt . Fry till tomatoes turns mushy .
Now add all the dry spices turmeric , red chilli powder , jeera powder , dhania power and kasoori methi . Mix well . Let all the spices cook properly .
Add sauted capsicum , cooked corn , salt and water. Mix everything well . Keep it on sim and bring it to boil so that veggies takes in the flavours .
Meanwhile make cashew paste .
Add the cashew paste to the gravy . Mix and allow to boil .
Wen the gravy is boiling , finally add cream and garam masala powder . Mix . You will observe that the curry now has got a nice creamy glossy texture .
Switch off . Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot capsicum corn curry with phulka / roti / chapathi etc . Enjoy !!
- Roasting capsicum before little gives it nice flavour instead of adding raw one later to the tomato puree .
- If you want you can add dices , roasted paneer .
- Addition of cashew paste , cream is purely optional . However it gives a nice texture .
- If you want it more gravy type , after roasting onion tomato you can grind it to make a paste and later add all the masalas