Today i have for you all a super healthy moist and delicious Eggless Whole Wheat Carrot Muffins .With the goodness of carrot & whole wheat ..these eggless carrot muffins are perfect to indulge guilt free . And another good news is that .. these eggless carrot muffins are butterless !! Enjoy the keeper recipe ….
Few days back my father in law had brought whole lot of Delhi Carrots ( red carrots ) . Though we all love those carrots in our salad or to eat as such .. but the quantity was really a lot for us and i wanted to use them up when they were fresh . Made Carrot halwa , carrot payasam , carrot rice , carrot chutney .. phew.. still they were staring at me . Then i thought of baking some eggless carrot muffins . Hunted for a perfect recipe… tried 1-2 . Though the outcome was good but some how was not that satisfied . That’s when remembered about my Banana Cake ( between have you tried them ?? You must !! ) and decided adding banana puree to the carrot muffins to give some nice fluffyness . And voila .. there it was !! I was so happy with result…they were so soft , spongy , so yummy and super healthy !!! The heavenly aroma when the cake is getting baked … aahh… and a bite into it you will realize the cake tastes even more heavenly .. yum yum !! All the ingredients used in this muffin are very simple and mostly available at home. With just few ingredients , few simple steps yummy muffins are ready …and that too its eggless, butter less and no Maida !! This recipe is for all those who want to bake the healthy way. The cake comes out really soft and delicious with the crunch of almonds coming in as a pleasant surprise for nut lovers.Do try this healthy , simple and full proof recipe of this delicious eggless butterless Whole wheat Carrot Cup cake.. I am sure you will love it….
Check Out the Video recipe here :
EGGLESS WHOLE WHEAT CARROT MUFFINS
- 1 1/4 cup Wheat flour, ( you can use any brand )
- 3/4 Cup Grated Carrot
- 3/4 Cup Sugar / brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1/2 Cup Banana puree, ( Around 1 over ripe banana )
- 3/4 cup yoghurt, ( ( + / - ) 1-2 tbsp based on curd thickness )
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Nuts for cake and for garnish, optional
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt . Keep aside the dry ingredients .
- Powder sugar , cinnamon and nutmeg . Since i didn't have cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder ready .. i have blended them together with sugar . I have used brown sugar .
- Puree Banana .
- In a mixing bowl take oil .
- Add banana puree , spiced sugar powder and yoghurt to oil .
- Whisk well until everything is combined . Our wet ingredient is ready .
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C. Line a muffin tray with muffin liners.
- Meanwhile...Fold the dry ingredients gently into the wet ingredients.
- Add in the grated carrot , chopped nuts and vanilla essence . Mix .
- Our eggless Whole wheat carrot muffin batter is ready !! The final dough will be thick spoonable consistency . Don't worry .
- Spoon into muffin moulds and add some chopped walnuts on top
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.Transfer the muffins on a wire rack and allow it to cool for 5 mins .
- Our Eggless Whole Wheat Carrot Muffins is ready to enjoy !!!
- You can make this cake with just maida or use a combination of maida and wheat flour .
- If you want instead of sugar can add same quantity honey .
- If you want you can reduce sugar quantity and instead add some finely chopped dates .