Homemade Badam Milk Powder Recipe with step by step photos | How to do MTR style Badam Drink Mix | Badam Milk Powder
Today i have for you all Homemade Badam milk powder recipe / Almond Milk Powder – simple and healthy energizing drink mix that you can make once , store for many days and relish whenever required.Made with almond powder and milk powder , it’s very good for toddlers and kids.
I know Badam drink mixes are readily available in most stores under different brands but nothing can beat the home made. Making kesar badam milk powder at home is very easy , economical,so nutritious ,way healthier and has no preservatives.This MTR style badam powder made at home tastes so good filled with the goodness of almonds with a pleasing aroma of kesar and cardamom .My Kids love it so much.
Once this Health mix is made , you can easily store for 3-4 months if handled carefully . Once,you have this Badam milk mix is ready , making Badam milk for you or your kiddos, hardly takes 2 mins. All you have to do is warm milk , add a tbsp of this powder , mix and serve . You can either drink it hot or enjoy chilled. A great drink to consume for a good night’s sleep or as your kid’s evening drink .
Different areas where we can use this badam milk mix :
- You can use this badam milk powder , while making Semiya Payasam . 1-2 tsp add in the end , takes the kheer to a new level.
- Use this powder to make ladoos, cookies, few other sweets etc
- Add a tsp of it to baby s purees, mashed food, milkshakes, etc. while cooking to add more protein
Few Points to note while doing Badam Milk Powder Recipe
- If you want , you can de skin the almonds and use. To deskin , blanch ( keep in hot water for 5 mins) , drain and transfer on a cloth. Peels will come out easily. Peel and pat dry badam. If making for babies , deskin is a must.
- Do not over roast almonds as they will turn oily
- Do not grind when the badam is hot or warm. It should be in room temperature else badam becomes sticky after grinding.
- While grinding badam , just pulse in an interval of 15-20 sec. Don’t run the mixie continuously , else they heat up and leave oil.
- You can plus or minus the quantity of sugar.
- Addition of Candy Sugar ( kallu sakkare ) is optional . My mom always used to add it , as they are healthy compared to sugar. If you don’t have handy , instead can add palm sugar.
- Addition of pinch of edible camphor is optional but they add a distinct taste and flavor.
- If making the powder for small kids and babies , skip adding sliced badam and pista towards the end. We don’t want nuts to come to their mouth while drinking. They might not chew.
Do try this homemade Badam Drink milk mix at home .. you will be surprised how easy it is and plus overwhelmed with the appreciation received !! Here is an easy video for you all to check…
You can also check Homemade Kashaya mix recipe
Homemade Badam Milk Powder
- 1 Cup Badam / Almond
- 1/2 Cup Red Sugar Candy / Kempu Kalsakkare
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Milk Powder, (optional)
- 8-10 nos Cardamom / Elaichi
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric / Haldi
- 1/4 tsp Saffron / Kesari
- pinch Edible camphor / pachha karpoora, ( optional )
- few Badam / almond, sliced thin ( optional )
- few Pista , sliced thin ( optional )
- Heat a kadai and dry roast badam in medium flame for 2-3 mins.
- Let few slight brown spot appear here and there and let they turn aromatic. Switch off the flame. Let almonds cool down completely.
- To a mixie jar, add slightly crushed 1/2 cup candy sugar and 1/2 cup sugar. if you are not adding candy sugar , add 1cup sugar.
- Add saffron threads, turmeric powder, edible camphor and cardamom. Add milk powder too.
- Grind all the ingredients to a smooth powder.
- Next ,add badam to the pulsed sugar mix. Make sure that badam is well cooled.
- Grind to a fine powder. Grind at small intervals to avoid oil release.
- Add few sliced pista pieces and almond pieces. Give a mix Homemade Badam Milk powder is ready.
- To make badam milk, take 1 cup of hot milk, Add 1-2 tbsp badam drink mix. Mix well and enjoy. You can either drink it hot or enjoy chilled.
- Store homemade Badam milk powder in an air tight container and use as and when required. Easily stays good for months , if handled well. Use clean spoon.