Paneer Sandwich recipe | How to make Paneer sandwich | Veg Cottage Cheese sandwich | Grilled Cottage Cheese Sandwich
Are you looking for a quick and delicious sandwich recipe? I am sure most of us love sandwiches. So today i have for you all a simple, easy,quick n healthy ” Paneer Sandwich / Paneer Bhurji Sandwich“.. translated in English as ” Cottage Cheese Sandwich “.If you are a paneer lover, you will surely love this cheesy grilled Paneer sandwich anytime of the day. It is a kid friendly dish too.I often make them for my kids lunch box or for evening snacks.N they just love it…
The simplest paneer dish one can think of could be paneer bhurji .Use that filling as to stuff in the bread. And the paneer bhurji sandwich is ready. You can use the same stuffing and make kathi roll, frankie or just roll it into a paneer paratha, wrap it and serve it to your kids .. And be prepared to hear ” Mamma … I love you !!!”
We can either use white bread or brown bread.Along with paneer , you can also use few more veggies too like beans/ carrot / peas etc
So are you ready to jot down paneer sandwich recipe Here we go…
- 1/2 cup Paneer / Cottage Cheese, crumbled
- 1 medium size onion, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 3-4 tbsps capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds /Jeera
- 2 tsp Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala powder / pav bhaji masala powder
- a pinch or two Turmeric
- Coriander leaves, - little finely chopped
- to taste Salt
- 2 tsp Oil
- bread slices, as required
- ghee/ butter / oil, to toast
- Take the paneer and crumble it well,Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan .Add jeera.Once it splutters ,add onions and green chilli and saute till golden brown.
- Then add tomatoes.Saute until mushy .Add capsicum and fry for a minute,
- Later add turmeric,salt , chilli powder,garam masala powder / pav bhaji masala and tomato sauce. Give a quick stir
- Finally add crumble paneer.Mix well, cook for a minute or two . Don't make it too dry . Garnish with coriander leaves and switch off.
- paneer stuffing for sandwich is ready.
- Take 2 slices of bread.Spread a layer of paneer stuffing on 1 side and close it with another slice of bread, press well so that it gets sealed.
- Heat a tawa / sandwich maker with ghee/oil and toast the bread until it turns golden brown on both sides.You can grill them too.Cut diagonally and serve hot / warm..