Today i have for you all .. kids favorite …White sauce pasta recipe with step by step photos. Pasta in white sauce recipe is delicious . creamy and very easy to make . Addition of veggies not only makes it more yummy but also very colorful . Pasta in white sauce is rich creamy cheesy yummy and sure shot hit in parties
I have added a video of making pasta in white sauce .Do follow it .. will make your work more easy . The white sauce can be used to make sandwich too . I have shared spinach corn sandwich recipe in my blog earlier .. and in that too have used white sauce . Addition of butter , cheese , milk makes the white sauce super silky creamy .. and addition of herbs and spices makes it very flavorful and absolute finger licking .
Few Points to note while making White sauce pasta :
- You can use any pasta like fusilli , penne , macroni etc . But which ever you use .. please cook al dente . Else we will end up with mushy mushy over cooked pasta and will not taste good .
- The stock water retained can be used in any other cooking .
- You can use any veggies of your choice like brocolli , corn etc . If you are non vegetarian .. you can add some finely shredded meat too .
- To make it more healthy .. now a days people are replacing all purpose flour in the white sauce with wheat flour . So choice is yours.
- White sauce gets thickened as it cools . So its better to serve them hot and fresh . However if you are planning to serve later .. its better to make them little thin consistency .. that way as it cools .. it will thick and wll be perfect when u are serving.
- Addition of veggies , cheese and herbs is as per your taste .
Do give a try .. making pasta in white sauce at home is very easy and result is just Wow !!! Here you go ..
Check Out the Video recipe here :
How to make white sauce pasta
- 1 cup Any Pasta, I have used penne pasta
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Butter
- few Fresh / Frozen green Peas
- 1 small carrot, Finely chopped
- 7-8 Mushrooms, Finely sliced ( optional )
- 1/2 capsicum, Finely chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
To make white sauce
- 1-2 tbsp All purpose flour ( maida ) / Wheat flour
- 1 cup Milk, at room temperature
- 1/2 medium size onion, finely chopped
- 3-5 flakes Garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp Pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp Oregano powder
- 1/2 tsp basil powder, Can add fresh basil too
- 1 tsp Butter
- Salt to taste
- grated Parmesan Cheese / any cheese, as required
Pre Cook Pasta
- In a large pan take 5-6 cups of water . Add little salt and a tsp of oil . Allow water to boil . When it boils .. add pasta into the boiling water.
- After 10-12 mins .. pasta would have cooked . Check .. take care not to over cook . It should be al dente ( Cooked just enough to retain the shape ) . Drain and retain the stock water . Refresh the cooked pasta with running water . This avoids over cooking of pasta due to the heat .
- Cooked drained pasta is ready . Keep aside
- Take a pan . Add little butter . Add all the chopped veggies 1-1 to the hot pan ... ie green peas , carrot , capsicum and Mushrooms . You can use choice of your veggies . Add little salt and saute for 3-4 mins till done .
- Don't over cook the veggies .. retain thir color and crunchiness . They taste and look best that way . Once the veggies are done , transfer to a plate and keep aside .
How to make White sauce
- To the same pan add some butter . When its hot , add some finely chopped garlic and onions . Saute till raw smell goes .
- Once garlic - onion are sauted , add all purpose flour ( maida ) / wheat flour . Saute nicely for 4-5 mins till rawness goes .
- Next .. to the sauted flour .. add milk at room temperature . Add slowly and mix well such that no lumps are formed . Bring the milk to boil .
- When its boiling .. simmer and add salt , red chilli flakes , pepper powder and oregano powder . Mix everything well .And allow the sauce to thicken
- When the sauce has thickened .... add grated parmesan cheese .. give a mix . Our white sauce for the pasta is ready . Time to bring everything together .
How to make veggie pasta in White Sauce
- To the ready white sauce ... add the sauted veggies and cooked pasta . Mix and allow pasta to take in flavors . If the sauce has thickened a lot .. add little reserved stock water that we have kept aside . Add stock water as per your required preference of thickness .
- Finally add some fresh / dried basil leaves . Mix everything and switch off .
- Transfer it to the serving plate and garnish with some grated cheese if you want to make it more cheesy . White sauce pasta is ready to serve . Relish white sauce pasta hot .