The weather has been crazy lately in Bangalore; its gloomy whole day with drizzles in between.In such weather i crave for spicy hot food which not only gives a nice kick to our tastebuds but also helps in keeping our body warm. So today i have for you all spicy ” Veg Schezwan Fried Rice ” from Indo Chinese cuisine. Its hot,full of flavors and just irresistible…..
are you ready to recreate restaurant style Schezwan Fried Rice ?? Here it goes….
SCHEZWAN FRIED RICE RECIPE
- 3 cups Cooked Rice, (Basmati rice or regular white rice)
- 2-3 tbsp Oil
- Salt and pepper powder
- 1 big onion, finely chopped or sliced
- 6 - 9 pods Garlic, finely mined ( quantity should be more )
- 1 - 2 Green Chilly, Slit
- 1 carrot, cut into julienne
- 5 - 8 Beans, Cut into very thin diagonal cuts (Optional)
- 4 - 5 baby corn, Cut to thin diagonals (Optional )
- small cup cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 capsicum, - cut into thin strips
- 4 - 6 spring onion, -white region sliced thin and green chopped
- 2 tbsps Ching's Secret Miracle Schezwan Chutney /anyschezwan sauce
- spring onion, greens
- Wash rice and cook it with little salt in the proportion 1 : 2 ie 1 glass rice ,2 glass water.The cooked rice grains should be very separate,not mushy.Once cooked, spread the cooked rice on a wide plate.This will make the grains separate further & also helps to cool quickly.It has to be cooled properly before using. REFER NOTES
Now lets proceed with tossing our veggies.In a wok,heat up the oil.Add garlic,green chillies,onion & white of spring onion.Saute on high flame for few seconds till onion turns translucent.
Add the carrots ,beans and babycorn ( as cooking time is more for them ).Stir fry for abt a minute.
Then add cabbage and capsicum.Sprinkle little salt.Stir fry for few more seconds on high flame.All the veggies should retain their crunchiness so take care not to overcook them.
Next add schezwan sauce,salt and pepper.Stir fry for 5-10 second.
- Add cooked rice and greens of spring onion.Toss on high flame for few minutes so that rice is well coated with sauce and are completely heated up.Check the seasoning .Add more if required.
Garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot schezwan fried rice as such or with a side indo chinese dish like veg manchurian, gobi manchurian or any dish of your choice..
- You can add the amount of veggies and sauce as per your taste and preference.You can add more or less.
- Don't overcook rice cook it aldente. They should be just 80 % cooked.While tossing in sauces , they l again get cooked a bit. Once the rice is cooked , transfer it to wide plate ,spread gently and allow it to cool nicely. This way the rice grains get separated .Rice has to be cooled nicely before mixing with the tempering. Else lumps will be formed and dish becomes sticky . DONT FORGET IT ..
- Fry the veggies in high flame as it gives a smoky flavor like in restaurants. It also helps in retaining the crunchiness of the veggies.
- You can add lots of other vegetables in Schezwan Fried Rice like peas,mushroom,paneer etc.
- Replace rice with noodles, schezwan noodles is ready..