AVALAKKI PANCHAKAJJAYA RECIPE | SIHI AVALAKKI RECIPE WITH STEP BY STEP PHOTOS | HOW TO DO SWEET POHA | PANCHAKAJJAYA RECIPE
Avalakki Panchakajjaya or Sweet Poha– a super easy and tasty snack made with thin poha that one can make in 10 mins . This sihi avalakki or panchakajjaya is generally distributed in temple and is one of the most common divine neivedhyam dish.
ABOUT AVALAKKI PANCHAKAJJAYA
Sweet Poha / Avlakki Panchakajjaya is an easy and tasty snack made from Thin Poha , Coconut , Jaggery and elaichi powder . It’s a no cook dish and one can make it in 10 mins . Very simple recipe , that i have grown up eating during childhood days but yet this remains one of my favorite dish till date.
In our house during Krishna Janmashtami , Ganesha Chaturthi , Tulsi Pooja .. we usually do this sweet poha as neivedhyam. You might have tasted this sweet poha in many temples as prasadam.
To make this Avalakki panchakajjaya , we use 5 ingredients , ie thin Poha , Jaggery , Coconut , Ghee and Black sesame seeds. Hence this dish is known as Panchakajjaya .
For Gana homa too , we make a similar Sweet poha , but then we use 8 ingredients . Banana , Sugar cane and puffed paddy are the 3 extra ingredients . hence the dish is known as Ashta dravya
AVALAKKI PANCHAKAJJAYA VIDEO
AVALAKKI PANCHAKAJJAYA RECIPE WITH STEP BY STEP PHOTOS :
To begin with in a mixing bowl add a cup of fresh grated Coconut , 1/2 cup Jaggery and and 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
Combine nicely with you hands . Here i have taken powdered Jaggery . If you are using block jaggery , grate them little using a knife and add .Adjust the quantity of Jaggery as per you preference
Jaggery combines with moisture from coconut and becomes little watery
later add a tsp of Ghee , 1-2 tsp roasted black Sesame seeds
To make this dish we will be using Paper Poha or thin variety poha . Here , i have taken 2 cup thin poha for 1 cup fresh grated Coconut. To the coconut Jaggery mix add thin poha , mix nicely using your hands
Mixing well using your hands helps poha to get softer and also helps in absorbing flavors.Let it sit for 5 mins . This helps in absorbing flavors and helps in making poha softer .
Avallaki panchakajjaya is ready now .
Points to note :
- Poha / Avalakki – use thin / paper poha to make this dish for best result .
- Add jaggery based on your sweet preference. You can use powdered jaggery or grate jaggery and add.
- Use fresh coconut for best taste.
- Can increase the quantity of coconut, it gives nice soft texture to panchakajjaya .
- Use you hands to mix . Mixing well using your hands helps Poha to get softer and also helps in absorbing flavors .
- If you want you can top it with few Banana slices .
Avalakki Panchakajjaya / Sihi Avalakki
- 2 cup Thin Poha / paper poha
- 1 cup Coconut, fresh & grated
- 1/2 cup Jaggery, grated / powdered
- 1/2 tsp Elaichi Powder / cardamom Powder
- tsp Ghee
- 1-2 tsp Black sesame seeds, roasted
- To begin with, in a mixing bowl add a cup of fresh grated Coconut , 1/2 cup Jaggery and and 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder.
- Combine nicely with you hands.Adjust the quantity of Jaggery as per you preference. Jaggery combines with moisture from coconut and becomes little watery
- Later add a tsp of Ghee , 1-2 tsp roasted black Sesame seeds
- Add thin poha to the mixed jaggery coconut mixture . Mix nicely using your hands. Mixing well using your hands helps poha to get softer and also helps in absorbing flavors.
- Let it sit for 5 mins . Avallaki panchakajjaya is ready now .