SPROUTS SALAD RECIPE WITH STEP BY STEP PHOTOS | HEALTHY SPROUTS SALAD VIDEO | MOONG SPROUTS SALAD | HOW TO DO MOONG SALAD | HESARUKALU SALAD
This Sprouts Salad is a healthy , tasty and colorful Indian Salad where proteinaceous sprouts are mixed with other fresh veggies and spiced up with few basic spices . Enjoy it as a snack or as a meal or sides . It’s vegan , gluten free and made under 15 mins !!
You can checkout the Sprouts Salad Video Here :
About the recipe :
I never buy sprouts from store but always prefer making them at home. This ensures quality and freshness of my sprouts are great be it moong , channa , horsegram etc . Making sprouts at home is very easy …i will share soon how to make sprouts at home. I am sure it will help beginners .
As we all know how healthy sprouts is.. we must include limited quantity of sprouts everyday in our diet in some form or the other . Though you can make many dishes from sprouts … salad tastes best only when made from fresh ingredients.
Today’s sprouts salad , made with few basic ingredients for flavoring like salt , chilli powder , chat masala , jeera powder , lemon etc , is
- Healthy & Colorful
- Simple & Quick to make
- Low carb , diet friendly & Keto Friendly
- Gluten free & Vegan
- Customizable (you can add your choice of veggies , spices for variations)
- Can be had as a snack / meal / side .. anytime of the day.
Sprouts salad recipe with step by step photos :
- To begin with , I have taken here 2 cups of Green gram sprouts . You can use any other sprouts or mixed sprouts too.
- Add sprouts to a mixing bowl
- If you want can use raw sprouts or can cook them slightly and use .Some people do not like raw sprouts , can’t digest , experience tummy in comfort .Such people can add boiled hot water to sprouts, keep it covered for 4-5 mins and use later.
- After 4-5 mins , drain the water. This water is filled with lots of nutrients . So don’t discard it .You can use it for some other cooking or can feed plants
- Once cool , transfer the sprouts to a mixing bowl .
Later , to it add 1/2 cup finely chopped Onion , 1/2 cup Tomato ,1/2 cup Cucumber ,1/2 cup grated Carrot , 1/2 cup Raw mango (if it’s mango season ) . You can add 2 finely chopped Green Chillies if you want
- add salt to taste , 1/2 tsp Black salt / kala namak , 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder ,tsp jeera powder / cumin powder , 1 tsp Chaat masala powder , little coriander leaves , add some lemon juice and mix well .
If you have used raw mango , you could skip lime if the salad is already tangy
- Combine everything well . Doesn’t it look so tempting and colorful .
- Sprouts salad is ready to serve
Points to note :
- You can use Moong sprouts , channa sprouts , Matki sprouts , mixed or any other sprouts .
- You can use your choice of veggies . You can also use pomegranate , capsicum , apple , pineapple , grated coconut etc
- If you have used raw mango , you could skip lime if the salad is already tangy
- Chaat masala and black salt also can be optional , add if you have . But if you add , salad becomes more tasty and interesting.
- If you are serving salad later ,keeping in the fridge for now, add salt salt just before serving and give a final mix . Adding salt before will leave water.
- To make sprouts salad you can either use raw or slightly steamed sprouts .Few people fo not like raw sprouts taste or have indigestion issue , bloating issues when sprouts is consumed . For such people, just cook sprouts slightly by keeping them in hot water for 4-5 mins and later using it . They shouldn’t get mushy or over cooked , just the raw taste has to go
- 2 cups Green gram sprouts / any other Sprouts
- 1/2 cup Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup Cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup Tothapuri Mango, chopped (optional )
- 2 nos Green Chilli , finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp kala namak / Black salt
- 1 tsp Jeera / cumin powder
- 1 tsp Chaat masala powder
- few sprigs Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- lemon Juice
- Take sprouts and add to a mixing bowl.
- Add boiled hot water to sprouts, keep it covered for 4-5 mins .
- After 5 mins , drain water and cool. Add sprouts to the mixing bowl.
- Add chopped onion , tomato , cucumber , grated carrot , raw mango , green chilli , chat masala , jeera powder , red chilli powder , kala namak , salt to taste , coriander leaves and lime juice .
- Mix well.
- Enjoy healthy & tasty sprouts salad.