Veg Biryani in Cooker Recipe | How to do Veg Biryani in Pressure Cooker | Easy Pressure Cooker Vegetable Biryani | One Pot Veg Biryani | Vegetable Biryani Recipe
This easy Veg Biryani made under 30 mins in a pressure cooker !! Basmati rice loaded with colorful vegetables and cooked in aromatic spices and herbs.. this super tasty vegetable biryani is a perfect one-pot meal for any get togethers / lunch box /weekend special meal .. indeed a delight to the taste buds .
About the Recipe
Who doesn’t love biryani ? Dum biryani is probably one of the most popular choice whenever we visit any Restaurant .Traditionally a biryani is prepared by layering the rice and biryani gravy in a big pot/ kadai. Once it is layered, it is then sealed tightly and is cooked in a low flame…dum cooking process.
But today’s version is not this elaborate or time consuming . This pressure cooker biryani is super easy , super quick and taste wise no less than any restaurant style dum biryani . Perfect for a quick yet special meal / lunch box / any get togethers .
Basmati rice cooked in an aromatic masala , veggies and garnished with freshly squeezed lemon juice , fried onion and loads of fresh coriander leaves…. Ahh… Can you get the aroma??
If you are craving for a biryani , but don’t want to make the elaborate way , this recipe is just for you . A must must try .. trust me you will definitely love it
How to do Veg Biryani in Cooker
- Wash basmati rice well and soak it for 30-45 mins . Meanwhile , chop vegetables and herbs .
- Heat a pressure cooker . Add 2 tbsp oil and a tbsp of Ghee . Add whole spices ie a bay leaf , 3-4 nos Cardamom , 3-4 cloves , a piece of cinnamon, 1 star anise , 1 strand mace , 3-4 nos pepper , tsp Jeera and tsp saunf . Let the spices crackle .
- Add 2 big sliced Onions .
- Saute onions till translucent .
- Add a tomato , 2-3 slit Green chillies and tsp ginger garlic paste . Saute 2-3 mins on medium flame , till the raw smell goes and tomatoes turn mushy .
- Next keep the flame on low and add 1/2 cup curd . Add in all the spices 1-1 i.e salt , tsp Red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp Haldi , 1-1.5 tbsp Coriander / Dhania powder and tbsp biryani masala powder .
- Add in chopped handful of coriander leaves and handful of mint leaves .
- Saute 2-3 mins on low medium flame . Let the masalas get cooked and let oil separate
- Add in the chopped veggies like beans , carrot , aloo / gobhi / knol khol ,green peas etc . If you want can add diced paneer / soya chunks too . If using soya chunks ,soak them in hot water for few minutes , wash in regular water , drain and squeeze the soya chunks and later add. Saute1-2 mins .
- Add in soaked drained basmati rice . Add few drops of Kewra water (optional but preferred ) . If you want can add a pinch of saffron too . Combine everything well
- Add hot water in the ratio 1: 1.5 /2 . ie for 1 cup basmati rice add 1.5 -2 cup water .
- Mix well and bring to boil . Taste test .. at this stage , water has to be little salty and spicy . Pressure cook for cook for 1 whistle , keep on sim for abt 5-8 mins. Switch off. .
- Allow the cooker to cool completely and once done gently fluff the biryani . Do not over mix , else the biryani will turn mushy .
- Garnish the biryani with some fried onion , lime and serve hot with raita on side
Few points to note :
- Basmati Rice to water ratio i follow is 1: 1.5 /2 ie for 1 cup rice use 1.5 to 2 cup water . If using normal rice you can maintain 1 : 2 1/2 ratio.
- If you are using basmati rice ,cook for 1 whistle , keep on sim for abt 5-8 mins. Switch off. Basmati rice will cook quickly. For normal rice , cook for 2 whistles on medium flame.
- You can add choice of veggies like beans carrot peas corn knol khol gobhi aloo etc.
- You can use soaked drained soya chunks / paneer cubes too .
- Adding few drops of kewra water enhances the taste and aroma. You can add little saffron strands soaked in milk too .
Veg Biryani In Cooker
- 2 cup Basmati Rice
- 1-1.5 cup Mixed veggies like Beans , Carrot , Aloo / Gobhi / Knol khol ,Green peas
- 1/4 cup Soya chunks / Paneer, optional
- 2 big Onions, sliced
- 1 no Tomato
- 2-3 nos Green chillies, slit
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1/2 cup Curd
- 1/2 tsp Haldi
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1-1.5 tbsp Coriander / Dhania powder
- 1 tbsp Biryani masala powder
- few drops Kewra water, optional but preferred
- handful Coriander leaves
- handful Pudina / Mint leaves
- salt to taste
- 1 no Bay leaf
- 3-4 nos Elaichi / Cardamom
- 3-4 nos Cloves
- piece Cinnamon
- 1 no Star anise
- 1 strand Mace
- 3-4 nos Pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds / Jeera
- 1 tsp Saunf
- Fried onion
- Lime juice, optional