Mango Burfi recipe with video | How to do easy mango burfi
Today i have for you all summer special dessert made from King of fruits – Mango Burfi . Made from fruity mango , milk powder and flavored with kesar , they are so addictive and super easy to make .It is a Quick and Easy dessert for your parties ,get-togethers , festivals or any occasion.
Call it Mango Burfi or Mango Milk Fudge , you will surely love this dessert for its delightful flavors and ease of making it. Other than Mango Puree , milk powder forms the base of this fudge. It has a melt in mouth texture .. yes you read it right . The end result will be soft , chewy , kind of texture reminding you of Badam halwa texture. But you can cut them and shape them easily to make them more appealing.
Check out the Mango Burfi Video Here :
Few things to note while making Mango Burfi Recipe :
- Always use well ripened juicy mangoes only for this like Alphonso. You can aslo use other good quality mangoes like Mallika , Kesar mango, Dashari, Raspuri mango.They should not be fibrous.
- If you don’t have access to fresh Mangoes , you can make thid burfi with canned mangoes or ready made mango puree
- Remember to stir on low medium flame only else they burn .
- To check the readiness of the halwa when done , Wet your hand a bit , Take a small portion of the mixture and form a small ball with your fingers . if you are able to do , halwa is done. If it’s still little sticky, cook it further 1-2 minutes. But take care not to overcook the mixture as the fudge will turn hard and chewy
- Note that the end result of this halwa will be like little soft fudge type texture. However , if you want to be little harder like regular burfi , you can add little desiccated coconut or khova while making . In the below recipe , i have used 1 cup mango puree and 2 cup milk powder . If you are using coconut or khova , you can use like 1 cup mango , 1 cup milk powder , 1 cup desiccated coconut / khova. Rest all procedure remains same .
- While rolling mango burfi on parchment paper , don’t roll super thin.
Mango Burfi Recipe
- 1 cup Ripe Mango
- 2 cup Milk Powder
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- few strands Saffron / Kesari
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1-2 tbsp Ghee
- 3-4 tsp Hot Milk
- as required Pista / Badam , finely sliced
- Soak saffron in hot milk for 5-10 mins.
- Wash, peel and cut the mangoes into cubes . Transfer them into a blender and puree them.
- Into a kadai , add ghee . Once it's warm add Mango Puree.Combine them and let they heat a bit on low flame . Takes around 1-2 mins .
- When slightly warm, add the milk powder. Mix well such that mango puree and milk powder combines well.
- Add sugar and kesar soaked in milk . Continue cooking on low flame
- You will see that sugar starts melting and the mixture thins a bit . Keep stirring frequently while cooking on medium flame.
- Cook until the mixture parts to leave the sides of the kadai , takes around 10-12 minutes . Add cardamom powder . Mix well .
- Once the mixture starts leaving the surface , doesn't sticks to the kadai and becomes a single lump , its done.To check , wet your hand ,take little halwa and roll to make a ball. If it rolls out without sticking, then it is ready.
- Transfer on a parchment paper, put another parchment sheet on it , and roll it to the desired thickness.
- Garnish with some finely chopped nuts . Let this cool and set for min 2-3 hours before you cut them.
- Use a cookie cutter or knife to cut them into desired shape and size .
- Mango Burfi is ready to enjoy . Store them in an air tight container .
- Stays good at room temperature for 2-3 days. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.