Bread Besan Toast Recipe With Step by Step photos | Besan Toast Recipe
Today I have for you all “ Bread Besan Toast Recipe / Besan Toast Recipe ” one easy to make dish which can be savoured as breakfast / as snacks. One can call it as guilt free Bread pakoda / Eggless version Bread Omelette:).
Made with bread , gram flour , few Indian spices and veggies , this toast is a simple and tasty dish that can be made in less than 15 mins.A hit with kids and adults alike…enjoy Bread besan toast hot with green chutney / Tomato ketchup.
I had earlier shared Tomato Omelette , the batter of that and this toast is almost similar . Both the places besan / gramflour is the major ingredient which is then spiced and flavored as per ones choice.
Few points to note while making Bread Besan Toast :
- Enjoy hot else it gets soggy and hard after cooling
- You can use wheat bread or multi grain bread .
- To make it more healthy .. you can add few strands of chopped spinach or other herbs.
- Some people, dip bread slice into batter and later shallow fry on tawa . But i feel this method is more messy and gives un uniform coating . I prefer this method that i have shared is more easy.
You can also check Rava toast, Iyengar Bakery Toast, Spinach Corn Sandwich etc
Pin this at Pinterest
BREAD BESAN TOAST RECIPE | BESAN TOAST RECIPE | BREAD BESAN TOAST
- 1 cup Besan / Bengal Gram Flour
- 1 big Onion
- 1 big Tomato, finelly chopped
- 1 medium size capsicum, finelly chopped
- 1-2 nos Green Chilli, finelly chopped
- few sprigs Coriander leaves, finelly chopped
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric / Haldi
- 1/2-1 tsp Red chilli powder, as per your taste
- 1/2 tsp Raw Mango Powder / Aamchoor powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala powder
- 1/4 tsp Ajwain Seeds / Carom / Oma
- a pinch Hing /Asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- oil to toast
- Bread slices as required
- Finely chop onion , tomato , capsicum , green chilli and coriander leaves .
- In a mixing bowl, take besan, salt, haldi powder, chilli powder, Ajwain ( Oma), hing, Aamchoor powder and garam masala powder. Add water and mix such that there are no lumps.
- Add all chopped veggies to the batter and mix.
- Consistency should be like spreadable type ..nor too thick or thin. If you want can add a pinch of soda .. I don't add.
- Apply batter to one side .
- Place the toast on hot tawa .. side which has batter goes downside. Drizzle oil/butter. Cook on medium flame.
- As the bottom part is cooking .. apply batter on other side .
- Flip and cook both sides till crisp. Cook on medium low flame for best results.
- Tasty Besan toast is ready to relish .
- Serve bread besan toast hot with green chutney / tomato ketchup .