Bread Besan Toast Recipe With Step by Step photos | Besan Toast Recipe
Today I have for you all “ Bread Besan Toast Recipe / Besan Toast Recipe ” one easy to make dish which can be savoured as breakfast / as snacks. One can call it as guilt free Bread pakoda / Eggless version Bread Omelette:).
Made with bread , gram flour , few Indian spices and veggies , this toast is a simple and tasty dish that can be made in less than 15 mins.A hit with kids and adults alike…enjoy Bread besan toast hot with green chutney / Tomato ketchup.
I had earlier shared Tomato Omelette , the batter of that and this toast is almost similar . Both the places besan / gramflour is the major ingredient which is then spiced and flavored as per ones choice.
Few points to note while making Bread Besan Toast :
- Enjoy hot else it gets soggy and hard after cooling
- You can use wheat bread or multi grain bread .
- To make it more healthy .. you can add few strands of chopped spinach or other herbs.
- Some people, dip bread slice into batter and later shallow fry on tawa . But i feel this method is more messy and gives un uniform coating . I prefer this method that i have shared is more easy.
Pin this at Pinterest
BREAD BESAN TOAST RECIPE | BESAN TOAST RECIPE | BREAD BESAN TOAST
- 1 cup Besan / Bengal Gram Flour
- 1 big Onion
- 1 big Tomato, finelly chopped
- 1 medium size capsicum, finelly chopped
- 1-2 nos Green Chilli, finelly chopped
- few sprigs Coriander leaves, finelly chopped
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric / Haldi
- 1/2-1 tsp Red chilli powder, as per your taste
- 1/2 tsp Raw Mango Powder / Aamchoor powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala powder
- 1/4 tsp Ajwain Seeds / Carom / Oma
- a pinch Hing /Asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- oil to toast
- Bread slices as required
Finely chop onion , tomato , capsicum , green chilli and coriander leaves .
In a mixing bowl, take besan, salt, haldi powder, chilli powder, Ajwain ( Oma), hing, Aamchoor powder and garam masala powder. Add water and mix such that there are no lumps.
Add all chopped veggies to the batter and mix.
Consistency should be like spreadable type ..nor too thick or thin. If you want can add a pinch of soda .. I don't add.
Apply batter to one side .
Place the toast on hot tawa .. side which has batter goes downside. Drizzle oil/butter. Cook on medium flame.
As the bottom part is cooking .. apply batter on other side .
Flip and cook both sides till crisp. Cook on medium low flame for best results.
Tasty Besan toast is ready to relish .
Serve bread besan toast hot with green chutney / tomato ketchup .